Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Im new to this forum but thought Id share some finds with my new equinox 600 Im loving it so far after owning several gold machines Im enjoying digging up the relics now. Some of the coins Ive found are an early 1800s silver threepence,1894 English half penny,1892 threepence, 1919 sixpence, 1921 sixpence,1943 threepence x2, 1946 florin, 1911 penny, 1927 penny, 1943 penny, 1948 penny, 1958 penny, 1939 penny, 1948 penny, 1943 half penny, 1936 half penny, 1950 half penny heaps of buttons military etc and belt buckles fobwatch, clock key and more...

Went for a walk down to the park a bit before dark and stayed until about 7 pm, I didn't tell the missus and she came looking for me! I had a head torch on so I was easy to find. She walked up behind me and asked "why are you detecting at night, you clown?" I told her I was "keeping the dream alive" her response "you idiot" :p

A few spendables, nothing fancy. Just the one pre-decimal today. The padlock had me confused, the numbers up around 36-38 and screaming.

1530785592_img_1475.jpg

1530785612_1934_hp.jpg

Just ignore the missus, she'll get used to it - nothing wrong or unusual about having a detect at night. ;) That's one clean half penny. :Y:

Beautiful half penny mate. I'm jealous, all my copper coins are so corroded that I can only tell what they are from the size.

Fantastic finds and amount of finds,but I would love more photo's to appreciate you finds even more.

Just saying :Y:

A few spendys from this arvo, but alas a casualty 8.( I really liked that trowel for comfort too, straight handle ones leave me with bruises lol. I had a think of where I got it from thinking I'd just call into Bunnings and grab another....then had a sulk remembering I got it from Masters. I think the earring is just costume jewelry, no markings on it so dunno? Might have to invest in some better diggers, wish the blackADA stuff from the UK was available here.

1531647267_sun15jul.jpg

Timely finds for your replacement digger.

Good ones are more than your finds,but purchase what suits.

Top effort :Y:

Why dont you check out the tyger range of products from clegy at Aussie Detectorist
Made by an Aussie company for Aussie conditions

Soft the soft fields of Europe an the uk

Mr T said:
Why dont you check out the tyger range of products from clegy at Aussie Detectorist
Made by an Aussie company for Aussie conditions

Soft the soft fields of Europe an the uk

I have had a look at them mate, and I'm sure they are great quality, I just baulk a bit at the price. Of course, Lesche and Predator all work out the same price or more once postage factors in.

At the same time, I know Bunnings type stuff will keep on breaking and the range is very limited. Was lucky to grab a trowel in that shape to begin with.

Maybe if I start with the Snake and Blade then go from there.

Gives me the shits because I had a UniMig 350 mig/arc/tig welder pinched off me, could be knocking them up myself.

1531652319_optimized-imag4388_2.jpg

thanks to this forum,i bought a nox 800 on friday, Tamworth store as its close to me, $1115.00.
Took it out today,left it in factory preset, will take a while to learn the
other settings. found an old bus stop that is not used anymore,
small area, started finding things straight away, pretty happy,
only coin was a 1968 5 cents, liked the creaming soda bottle top,
brought back some memories. the 5 cents registered 10 and was
down 150 mil...6 inches. Called in to a farmer friend on the way home,
talked old relics, he said why don't you detect the old coach stop a bit
further down the road,nearly fell of my chair, so when i get some time
i will give it a try. paid to call in and have a chat.happy chappy :)

AussieChris said:
A few spendys from this arvo, but alas a casualty 8.( I really liked that trowel for comfort too, straight handle ones leave me with bruises lol. I had a think of where I got it from thinking I'd just call into Bunnings and grab another....then had a sulk remembering I got it from Masters. I think the earring is just costume jewelry, no markings on it so dunno? Might have to invest in some better diggers, wish the blackADA stuff from the UK was available here.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1531647267_sun15jul.jpg

I have used this for a while now and it will not break. Perfect tool.

1531657011_413mgqotp8l._sx466_.jpg

And for areas where you can go deep, this is a standout. Has to come from the US, but well worth the small wait. About 1 week. Tested and proven.

1531657087_piranha3_2048x2048.jpg

Here is a link to the Piranha Shovel from Predator Tools US.

https://au-predatortools.glopalstor...tortools.com&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=en_US

Hope this helps

Yeah, I haven't tested out metals and stuff, but Nugget Noggin has gone through a whole bunch and recommended this one.
Plus the same company makes them for the US army, if that is a plus or a negative. lol

I have seen a few similar too, but decided to go with the trusted and tested one. But those may be just as good or if not better, not sure.

1531895895_20180718_163106.jpg

Nothing too exciting today, having crap luck on the pre decimals. Never picked up a $2 NZ coin so that is something I guess.
And yes....I do keep digging 16's, becoming a legitimate 20c coin hunter. I ended up digging up so many cans today that I had the "Pub?, Go on then" moment and called it quits a bit earlier than usual. I hear the tones and see the numbers on cans, but some fool me when they bounce between 21-22. If they jump to 23-24 fair enough but some are very tricky. That $2 AUD was a funny one, was easy 8" down. Deepest one I have resurrected.
Going up to Mt Victoria in the morning and I'll give that park a run, it's pretty old so might have a better chance at pre decimals. Company is definitely welcome if anyone is not busy, its prob a fair hike for even Sydneysiders though, I'll be up there from about 10am-2pm I guess.

AussieChris said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1531895895_20180718_163106.jpg

Nothing too exciting today, having crap luck on the pre decimals. Never picked up a $2 NZ coin so that is something I guess.
And yes....I do keep digging 16's, becoming a legitimate 20c coin hunter. I ended up digging up so many cans today that I had the "Pub?, Go on then" moment and called it quits a bit earlier than usual. I hear the tones and see the numbers on cans, but some fool me when they bounce between 21-22. If they jump to 23-24 fair enough but some are very tricky. That $2 AUD was a funny one, was easy 8" down. Deepest one I have resurrected.
Going up to Mt Victoria in the morning and I'll give that park a run, it's pretty old so might have a better chance at pre decimals. Company is definitely welcome if anyone is not busy, its prob a fair hike for even Sydneysiders though, I'll be up there from about 10am-2pm I guess.
Nice one AC
Your doin well.
You should start your own thread mate :Y: :Y:

Latest posts