New member looking for help around mackay area.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New member here. Just got myself a gold pan and looking for areas to find some shiny stuff. Found a few pieces around broken river up at eungella but chasing some info around the mackay area. Interested to know if anyone has worked the cattle creek area at all? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

welcome mate lots to read on here and people will advise you as they log on
this might give you an idea but you will have to work out what is or is not national parks and so on
1521068152_mackay.jpg

Hey 7.62Marksman,

Those maps are brilliant. How did ya get them? Is it an app or something you have to buy? Ill have a research on those areas. Was looking more about Nor West of mackay towards eungella. Thanks heaps for the photo though. Ill research those areas.

Hi Lint44, Im also from Mackay, also new to prospecting so probably not much help to you as I havent found any gold.
If you are looking for a local to throw ideas around with or share some work load?
7.62marksman, Ive been using mine maps on line, but it doesnt compare with that information!
Matt T

Hi Guys,
There is a club that has started in the CQ area. Based in Rocky but we have members from townsville to harvey bay.

About 20-30 members so far and we have our third meeting in Calliope weekend of the 24th.
At the free camp behind the village there.

Look us up on Facebook if you like, CQ Detectorists and we would be happy to have you on board.
We also have members that Pan/sluice etc and a good mix of gold and coin folk.

Cheers, Happy Hunting and might bump into you in the bush up the way over winter. Gonna give the goldcube a smashing this season.

Clegy

Ship of fools said:
Hi Lint44, Im also from Mackay, also new to prospecting so probably not much help to you as I havent found any gold.
If you are looking for a local to throw ideas around with or share some work load?
7.62marksman, Ive been using mine maps on line, but it doesnt compare with that information!
Matt T

Gday Ship of fools,

Ill shoot you a message.

Linton.

Latest posts