6 year old gone crystal crazy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I am from Sydney
I have a 6 year old who has gone Crystal crazy and is hounding me without remorse to take him fossicking for both crystals and fossils.
Could anyone please recommend a good place near Sydney that is easy to access (6 year old easy) where we are a chance to find some fossils or crystals. We are both novices and looking to spend some quality time in the bush but would be great if we could find something cool for him to show his mates at school on Monday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Paul

just keep an eye on the post as the guys and girls come on they will give you some advice
1520818955_36.jpg

Google it or go tothe museums as they have fossils and maps , use the search icon in top left of your screen , anywhere off the top of my head are a bit out a drive like Oberon , nundle etc . But i do remember something about fosssils in the sydney region. Good luck and enjoy :D
Keep an eye out for Gem shows aswell as they are great places to get educated :Y:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Our Lapidary Club (Illawarra Lapidary Club) is doing a field trip to Kangaroo Valley for agates and petrified wood in March, later this year we are going to Muttama and Tambar Springs to look for quartz.

It might be a good idea to see if there is some Lapidary Clubs around Sydney that you could join and tag a long on some field trips, especially if you are like me and have no idea what you are looking for, it helps to be with people who know what they are doing.

I think there is a big lapidary club in Penrith?

If you want to try the DIY route there is a tonne of information on this site http://aussielapidaryforum.com, look under the sections Fossicking Locations and Location Of The Month.

Latest posts