Tingha Sands Closed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quick heads up for everyone, Tingha Sands is now closed indefinitely. Was talking to the ladies at the Billabong Blue shop and the Inverell info centre, the owner of Tingha Sands died recently and his wife has decided to close up as she feels unable to operate things on her own.

Need to correct some of the info, yes the owner died a while ago and the next generation took over. Reason for the closure is that they have run out or sand and cannot access the rest due to an indigenous claim. Hopefully sorted soon.

Hopefully they can get something sorted as the problem is impacting several businesses in the area, like construction and concrete who use their sand. So I imagine a lot of pressure is being applied from many sectors. Good outcome soon we all hope.

Jeeze, just looked at my previous post, big fingers and tablets don't work!! :8

Edit:Fixed up for you. Jaros

G'day, I joined the group to provide a little more info. Phil (deceased) and Dot have owned a property of about 2 acres about 4hrs drive south-east from Tingha. I just happen to be next door neighbor until 4/4/2018. Dot and Family have closed Tingha Sands and the second property put up for sale. They finished moving out 4/4/2018, no forwarding address. I don't think there is any real interest in reopening the business. I originally came from up Fossickers Way. Cheers, P

Sad to hear Tingha Sands is closed. The missus and I spent a great day there collecting crystals in October last year.
I hope common sense prevails and the powers-that-be give the owners, (whoever they may be), the go ahead to mine sand sooner rather than later.

Can anyone update me on whether Tingha Sands is still closed?
If so, any info on when it wil be opening again?
I was there for a day last October and am heading back that way again this October.
Cheers,
Dave.

Has reopened but new owners are not fossicking friendly. This is info from the information centre at Inverell.

Thanks Squint.
Might drop in with a nice bottle of plonk and a smile on the dial.
Either they will see us as nice folks and let us in, or they'll think we look dodgy and turf us out. :D
I found last year that most people up that way were all good friendly folk. Salt of the earth types - like most Aussie country people.

That is completely un called for.
Now get back in here and explain why you said that in such a fashion.
In polite English Thanks.
Moderator edit.
We are a bit sick of being sworn at.

What was that about?
Have I said something to offend you Pat Hogan?
I was at Tingha Sands October last year.
I chatted with the people running the show then and found them to be nice folk.
My wife and I had a pleasant day there fossicking.
I'm wondering why you posted your comment above Pat?

Pat Hogen said:
Well, from the family member who had ownership of the outfit xxxxxxxRudexxxxxx.
Thats a bit of a sad comment 8.( 8.( 8.(
Must have got out of bed on the wrong side :eek: :eek: :eek:
Never mind god even loves the grumpy ones as well (or so i have been told from time to time ) O:) O:) O:) O:)

Pat Hogen said:
Well, from the family member who had ownership of the outfit xxxxxxxRudexxxxxxx.

Well if you are the families spokes person maybe an explanation for your out burst may help us understand why you have offended 1000s of people with your comment ?

Let me explain about my post for those whose wires got crossed from my posting which appears to have a mixed meaning. I asked ... about access and he said that we can all ... go jump. I didn't say it, I repeated what he said to me, which tells me that I get no free pass or mudmaps for good locations at the sands.
Does that explain why we got crossed up in the post? And for the ones who need a full explanation I will present it, in confidence via IM