Damaged Coil Help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LORD

Jay
Reaction score
My AT pro 8.5 x 11 coil looks like it has had a pretty hard life.
A chunk on the under section has come away, i can't see any wires or anything else too important looking...
It almost looks like the plastic bit missing is just for protection, will this affect the coils performance in any way if I get a coil cover and fit to stop any further damage?
I could almost rebuild up the coil with some sort of plastic epoxy putty or filler, what are anyone's thoughts on that??
I have turned on the machine and it finds targets, I have nothing to reference it against so not too sure if its operating at 100%
1520242877_img_20180305_195642.jpg

1520242913_img_20180305_195727.jpg

Hi, I was out in the backyard with the young bloke searching for his many many many buried hot wheel cars and he hit my nox coil with a small spade. It seems to just be a small dent in the top plastic, but I know how even a small pin hole leak in salt water can ruin things so should I put a dab of something over it and if so what should I use? I don't want to put something on there and find it eats the plastic.

I can't see any bare metal even under the jewllers loop, and my understanding was the nox coils are potted?

So i did exactly that, minelab came back and said it sounded fine but if i wanted a small dab of epoxy resin would be the go

Latest posts