fridge light

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you'll be ok to do that oh
1519856714_screenshot_2018-03-01-08-21-33.jpg

even though I found this bit
1519856750_screenshot_2018-03-01-08-24-02.jpg

it seems it's only them sweating after they come out of the fridge.... so yours being used inside the fridge may be ok. :Y:

Maybe it doesnt need to be inside the fridge?
Some of those led lamps are bright enough to do your tax return and may give you enough light to see if mounted on an opposite surface to the open fridge door. Could work in a small space such as a caravan interior.
Or another thought, maybe a light that clips to the edge of the door somewhere and shines in when open?
Just thinking out loud here, hard to come up with something specific out of situ.

Regards,
TGW.

Good solution :Y: for that price. A bit of velcro would be the way to go mounting it.

My Engel has no light in it and if too cold the temp sensor batteries don't last long, so light batteries may suffer similarly. A good headlight is multi purpose and does the job "brilliantly" (every pun intended) :)

I use a digital temp sensor (wireless) in the fridge running on standard AAA batteries. Works fine at 3C.
The display showing: "OUT" is the temp in the fridge, whilst the "IN" shows the temp in the van/room.
The remote unit in the fridge is speced from -40C to +60C, so batteries at 3C should be no problem.
1520893203_thermometer.jpg

Have wireless Engel sensor (AAA batteries) in the old yellow 39L we use as a freezer, -14C, the receiver/readout sits in the console while on the road. We had a disaster once when it was un-monitored and the 12V plug vibrated out of socket and everything thawed on 11 hour trip.
Use a trusty headlamp for getting too and looking inside.

condor22 said:
My Engel has no light in it and if too cold the temp sensor batteries don't last long, so light batteries may suffer similarly. A good headlight is multi purpose and does the job "brilliantly" (every pun intended) :)

If you want to put a light in make sure that you get one that takes AA's or AAA's and buy Energizer Ultra Lithium batteries because they can handle temps down to -20/-30*c, Some of my Military Gimos come with them and they tell you not to use anything else, Plus they are the only battery Guaranteed not to leak, These are the same batteries that made the TDI SL run for 12 to 16 hours where the normal batteries only run them for 4 to 6 hours,

Storing any batteries in the cold will kill them very quickly, and Ultra Lithium are the only ones made to handle the cold.

Hope that helps,

John.

You can get a light for your engel/esky. Its a tilt activated light lowered by a AAA battery. Only a couple of dollars. Not brilliant but better than nothing

This is from Energizers Web Site.

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/energizer-ultimate-lithium-batteries

Quote:-
Nothing outlasts Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries. The Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries are the #1 longest-lasting AA batteries complete with leak resistance and performance in extreme temperatures (-40F to 140F or -40C to 60C). To ensure your favorite devices operate at their peak performance, depend on Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries for work, play and home.

Here is the list of Specs on Energizer Lithium Batteries,

http://data.energizer.com/pdfs/l91.pdf