Durikai (Qld) Queensland mud map

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just like to know if there is a mud map of all the tracks in the durikai forest other than what is on the gov sites or is it just a case of follow your nose and hope you can find your way back out of the maze later in the day . or put it another way is there even many tracks once in there .

johno

interesting,seems my ip is being blocked by their site.

lmao.

i'll have to fix that at some stage.

maybe someone else can access it,though it still doesn't label the roads.

I have researched a lot on that area, and as far as I know, there are no mup maps at all.
I have mapped my own so far, but haven't even touched the sides.

There is also a southern Fossicking area, and Western end (Carbean Rd). They all have signs in entrances, QLD Govt map is not too bad, just use common sense and GPS and you will be fine. Trust me, I am good with directions, but even inside there, you can easily get lost for while, especially when there is cloud cover. lol

Although, I think Glendons might have some of their own mud map , not sure. Just remember hearing about it.

malri_au said:
I do notice a lot of these tracks have (private) on them,meaning they're closed tracks?

No. If the area wasn't open of fossicking, then yes, they would be closed, but its all state forest in that area.
I noticed that on the maps as well. Maybe and American soldier drew the maps up... :lol: :lol:

Download Geo Tracker onto your phone. Make sure LOCATION (GPS) is switched on. Hit the record button, and then you will never get lost.

Good luck.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Download Geo Tracker onto your phone. Make sure LOCATION (GPS) is switched on. Hit the record button, and then you will never get lost.

Good luck.
thanks for that will check that out sounds very handy . my problem is that i am not up on all this mobile app stuff only just catching up with it , but learning fast.
i only just took the leap from my very old flip phone to a galaxy a few months ago.

johno

which one do you recommend mate looks there are heaps of em . i have downloaded one and installed it and it has found me sitting at my desk in town but i just wonder if i got a good one or a dodgy this one is from some bloke in poland or some where like that .
the one i got is version 3.2.3.1255 16 june 2016 author ilya bogdanovich .

johno

I use android.

In Geo Tracker, go to About. It should be titled Geo Tracker, then have its website underneath, geo-tracker.org
Ver. 3.3.0.1338 from Aug 2016

1519806965_screenshot_20180228-183211.jpg

Should look something like this.

Also if you are out and lose reception and have not added your own offline maps, it will still show you the tracking so you can find your way back.

Good luck

Latest posts