Finds with my equinox

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I have had this thing for a week, turns up stuff in all the areas I cleaned out with the AT pro.
First hunt
1519696284_image.jpg

Beat a deus and a CTX in coin shooting on Saturday morning.
1519696350_image.jpg

Bucket list coin on Sunday, first Chinese coin!!
1519696403_image.jpg

Two bucket list coins in one hole yesterday, very deep, AT pro barely ever turned up anything in this area. Florin is 1854
1519696512_image.jpg

1519696513_image.jpg

Very impressed so far, will test it in mineralized ground and see if it can find gold this weekend most likely..

Woa.... well scored
is this an older coin still
1519698500_screenshot_2018-02-27-12-26-14.jpg

and this looks like one of those cut bits of coin
(From the same size as your old florrie by the looks of it)
1519698597_screenshot_2018-02-27-12-26-37.jpg

Top tecting mate !
:Y: :cool: :Y:
:cool: :rainbow: :cool:
:rainbow: O:) :rainbow:
O:) O:) O:)

Dunno what that thing is silver, looks like a cap off something, it appears to be silver though. The part of the other coin I'm gonna say it's about 1/3 of it had a slightly larger diameter than the florin when intact, it is very thin though..
1519700236_image.jpg

All my photos are uploading sideways, dunno why

1968falconxt said:
Have type of areas have you hunted? Park, beach etc.

Trash filled parks, a sandy dig everything type of place that I previously got 36 gold rings from, old iron infested sites, in water to about waist deep. I have used it almost everywhere. Suffers emi while right near power lines but still gets the coins, the more I use it the more I love it. I have used it everyday so far. My gold test will be most interesting, if I can't find a signal within an hour I'll use the sdc to find a signal then try a few settings to see how good of a response I can get.. I'll probably make a video on that while I'm out testing.

My Samsung phone uploads sideways.... but... if I take a screenshot of my photo and load that up instead,... everything is right side up.
So, that's my secret to frustration Woa. :Y:
Maybe cut coin is from a crown or a half crown then. Going by those UK video's some of these older coins were very thin. :D

Hi Silver

Great finds mate. You posted the picture below. I think you may have found a proclamation coin. Try taking it to a coin dealer to find out. Proclamation coins are those coins used as the currencies in Oz around the 1790 to 1820 period. One of which is an indian coin.

1519832126_1519698500_screenshot_2018-02-27-12-26-14.jpg

Wish'n it were me pete (but that's just envy) but it was Woa that found it mate ! 8)
what a ripper coin hey ! :p

So I was out on Saturday and found 11 little nuggets with the sdc, I checked a few targets with the equinox, not much good on small gold in mineralized ground, maybe I need to play with a few settings. Anyway found my first oil sign on Sunday with the equinox, was pretty deep!!

1520818866_image.jpg

Latest posts