Howdy from Idaho..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedirtdog

Brett Whitesides
Reaction score
Yes I am a Yankee... I am new to prospecting but have always been interested in Engineering and Geology. the reason I have joined this group is because I have watched way to many youtube videos. You Aussies are laid back, suits me just fine. My ten year old grandson is a rock hound and wants to do it all. As long as it keeps him off the streets, Grandpa is ready and willing to provide the equipment and resources.
As I said, I have watched way to many videos. The Aussie channels have been very interesting and informative. I have purchased some equipment but have built most of it. Last fall we headed to a local gold bearing creek and brought back a bucket of cons. We recovered some fine gold and gems but have kept the diggings as test dirt for the ever expanding array of toys... I mean equipment. I use small lead shavings that number fifty to salt the dirt for testing.
My first sluice I made was a standard riffle type, I have since made a couple of fluid bed sluices, a Miller table and an underflow header box that works with my standard style sluices. So far the recovery rates are exceptional, any thoughts or ideas on processing and recovery are most welcome.

Thanks for having me...

1519599176_images.jpg

Gday YDD

Be great to see some pics of what you have made & some of your local terrain

All the best

G'day Ydd welcome to PA well said regarding the younger generation :Y: diversion programs are worth every cent keep it up. Sounds like your enjoying a great adventure with you grandson :Y:.

Gday mates! Thanks for the kind howdy. The abridged dictionary will come in very useful, I reckon some of the slang I already know. I appreciate Silver covering my tail and giving a preview to the place I call home.
I am a Contractor and a one man show, I get pretty busy and don't get on the computer everyday. Just saying, if replies seem slow. I don't take pics like I should and always regret it afterwards. Saying that...
1519839422_resized_20171111_160202_798.jpg

I uploaded a couple of pics of Grandpa and Oliver doing some sluicing.
I will get some pics of some of the things I have built and upload those. Thanks again for the welcome and if I find myself up a creek... I will try to remember, good things don't come easy.
YDD

Thanks Mac, we had a blast!
I have some pics of my latest experiment, it is a underflow header box. I knew I would find a use for a square bucket. They wouldn't load, I think I need to reduce them. If there is an easy way to do it maybe someone can let me know. I haven't had a lot of time but maybe I can figure it out and get them loaded up this weekend. I am really looking forward to getting thoughts and ideas for the next evolution. I love spuds (potatoes) too :) Thanks again mate

G,day ydd, and welcome aboard . You will find that we are one big happy family here and just like all familys we have our spats and laughs ,and love to take the piss out of each other. But if any of our members need help in any way we rally around the flag . You will find a wealth of information here most of our blokes are very generous and glad to help. By the way i got a new grandson earlier this year and his name is Oliver also, treasure your time with him they grow up toooooo fast
Jim

Howdy Mates! I have been getting things done up North. The season has started!!! Took the grandson to the rock show yesterday and joined the GPAA. I have access to several claims that aren't way out to billy-jo. Can't wait to give it a burl... I CAN'T WAIT !!! The really neat thing is that there won't be any video games or phone service. I will DL pics along the way. If I knew I was going to have this much fun and meet such awesome folk, I reckon I would have started years ago! Thanks for the support from down under. Spending some time there is quickly moving up my bucket list. The problem is that I live in the Gem state LOL.
Yankee Dirt Dog

Latest posts