X-terra 305 & CTX 3030 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1520205462_smartselectimage_2018-03-04-17-30-56.jpg

2 hour solo hunt with the CTX, most targets where buired deeper then normal as there has been fresh layers of dirt and mulch over the years. First lap didn't find much, second lap I slowed my swing down considerably (standard coin mode/auto +3/volume gain 12) and I was shocked at the amount I missed on the first lap. High trash area so it was a great learning swing also.

A haly penny and 1977 Hong Kong fifty cents in the mix too.

1520205834_smartselectimage_2018-03-04-17-31-08.jpg

Guys great clean up on the coins

1968 - the 15 coil is heavy , have a look into a swingy thing or a Detecting buddy ( small bungee harness )

Detectorist - thats one of the secrets of the CTX , lower the volume gain as much as you can & any coins in the first 4 inches ( Goldies )
the tone will be very sharp !

Nice hunt. In trashy parks you could drop the sens back a bit to auto 0 or auto +1, I usually run in "fast" and "high trash" target separation too. Yeah don't swing too fast either in heavy trash as you will certainly miss good targets.

Heatho said:
Nice hunt. In trashy parks you could drop the sens back a bit to auto 0 or auto +1, I usually run in "fast" and "high trash" target separation too. Yeah don't swing too fast either in heavy trash as you will certainly miss good targets.

Thanks Heatho, would you recommend running a very discriminated pattern for 50c, $1-2 or would this just slow the pick up time down more? I don't use the head phones and not used to the different tones yet.

The ground I hunt is usually parks in outer Melbourne so the ground is often stable dirt and mulch but just quite trashy with canslaw etc.

Detectorist said:
Heatho said:

Thanks Heatho, would you recommend running a very discriminated pattern for 50c, $1-2 or would this just slow the pick up time down more? I don't use the head phones and not used to the different tones yet.

The ground I hunt is usually parks in outer Melbourne so the ground is often stable dirt and mulch but just quite trashy with canslaw etc.

You sure can if goldies and 50c coins are the only thing you want to target in certain heavy trash conditions. Just set up a new custom program and sample the coins into the CTX.

This is my goldies only program, it also accepts 50c coins too, I've used it with great success in trashy spots.

1520216750_discrim_pattern_goldies.jpg

Heatho said:
I can actually email you the files if you want them and then just copy them into your CTX via the Exchange2 program.

Yes that would be great, I'll PM you my email.

I did use Exchange2 and made a goldie and 20/50c pattern but I think I messed up the tones frequency and so gave up using it on the last hunt.

Ahh ok, you might want to do a factory reset before loading mine, maybe not though, I really haven't changed any tones.

I've got these ones set to combined but I have actually started using 50 tones conductive recently and sort of prefer that, either way they should work pretty well regardless of tone profile.

Night hunt with 1968xt at some local venues. Tough pickings in the dark with no light other then the pin pointers but we pulled out about $35, a few nic nacs and a ring which has some interesting stones, band is very thin and no obvious hallmark. Rang in a 12.39 on the CTX.

Nights taking, the 705 won out tonight in tally!

1520421713_smartselectimage_2018-03-07-22-18-16.jpg

1520421987_smartselectimage_2018-03-07-22-17-59.jpg

Ring a ding cheapie ? 8) :lol:
Any holes behind those stones detectist ? :D
Great moolah count though !
:Y: O:) :Y:

Latest posts