Nugget of a name

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has heard of the Hand of Faith, the biggest nugget found with a detector I think. Well I called this one the " Mitten of Hope" because of its shape. It was my first piece, I still have it and do not think I will ever part with this one. It only weighed 0.118 grams but being the first one makes it special.
1519124410_mitten_of_hope.jpg

I haven't cracked the gram mark yet but I have a small display case featuring my top ten but none of these have names. I think that it would need to be a big one or an unusual shape to warrant giving it a name.

Cheers Bob.

Mittens actually looks like a boxing glove you need to talk to gold God's and tell them to punch above their weight :Y:. I've tried but haven't got an answer yet who knows you my get an answer before I do.

A good mate of mine who used to prospect a lot, and got me back into it, his nickname was General (his last name was LEE), passed away not long ago. Anyway i was lucky enough to have found a nice 4g nugget the other day, so i was going to call it "The General" after my mate, but it kind of looks like a dog, so "mans best friend"?

1519167807_20180221_095837_1.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but wondering if anyone has been finding any pickers or anything around Nanango qld area. I'm four hours or so away from there and was thinking about taking my family out there for a look as we've been interested in detecting for a while but always wondered if worth it. My wife bought me a detector 6 months ago but are yet to take it anywhere. Don't expect to strike it rich but wondering if people still finding little bits at least to make trip not only worthwhile but exciting. Cheers in advance mark. PS everyone google gold nugget found golf coast beach,tell me what you think.cheers markl

Latest posts