Goldpick's 2018 Deus finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xcvator said:
Migraine might go if you wern't standing on your head, :lol: or is the picture upside down ?
that is not the only time a photo has appeared upside down after uploading 8)
not being able to edit the photo after is a pain sometimes ;)

Headed back to the same site as on post 179, this time to re-hit the same patch of ground full of nails using the pitch program vs the usual HOT program. Well that was a real interesting exercise, talking about eye opening on how many targets were missed amongst the piles of iron nails. The pitch tone really highlights non-ferrous targets using the vco audio rather than going off the actual conductivity of the target - bit like using all-metal whilst still getting on-screen target ID's. For some reason it really seems to cut through all the less significant iron targets to highlight any non-ferrous that may be partially or fully masked when utilising fulltones.

The only predecimal was a 1932 penny, and what I think is an Italian enamelled broach with very intricate work on the face.

The only button found has a pretty interesting backstory to it after some further research. It is labelelled with Kirkham Evans, once the head of the SA scout movement, a high profile personality and moral crusader who mysteriously disappeared on Australia Day in the early 1900's. Turns out he was found out to have been "fiddling" with some of the boys that he was meant to have been protecting, and was also accused of being a peeping tom at the baths owned by him on the Adelaide coast. Word was that he skipped the state on a train to Melbourne then Sydney and then off overseas to Fiji to avoid arrest.

So I wonder whether he actually made it that far, and went into hiding in the South East of SA. The mind boggles at the story from a single button! :eek:

1529495625_img_20180620_211428.jpg

1529495647_img_20180620_211459.jpg

Kirkham Evans
1529495679_images.jpg

Thats what i call a little bit of everything Well done :Y:
Goldpick said:
Headed back to the same site as on post 179, this time to re-hit the same patch of ground full of nails using the pitch program vs the usual HOT program. Well that was a real interesting exercise, talking about eye opening on how many targets were missed amongst the piles of iron nails. The pitch tone really highlights non-ferrous targets using the vco audio rather than going off the actual conductivity of the target - bit like using all-metal whilst still getting on-screen target ID's. For some reason it really seems to cut through all the less significant iron targets to highlight any non-ferrous that may be partially or fully masked when utilising fulltones.

The only predecimal was a 1932 penny, and what I think is an Italian enamelled broach with very intricate work on the face.

The only button found has a pretty interesting backstory to it after some further research. It is labelelled with Kirkham Evans, once the head of the SA scout movement, a high profile personality and moral crusader who mysteriously disappeared on Australia Day in the early 1900's. Turns out he was found out to have been "fiddling" with some of the boys that he was meant to have been protecting, and was also accused of being a peeping tom at the baths owned by him on the Adelaide coast. Word was that he skipped the state on a train to Melbourne then Sydney and then off overseas to Fiji to avoid arrest.

So I wonder whether he actually made it that far, and went into hiding in the South East of SA. The mind boggles at the story from a single button! :eek:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1529495625_img_20180620_211428.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1529495647_img_20180620_211459.jpg

Kirkham Evans
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1529495679_images.jpg

Sigh, why does the best coin of the night accasionally cop a scratch, unfortunately that's exactly what happened - a lovely 1936 shilling defaced by the Raptor! :| Only other silver was a 1945 sixpence, though did reasonably well on the coppers with the oldest being a 1915 penny.

Also found a "Fighting Forces Comfort Fund" Christmas Hamper badge from around 1944, was very hard getting that out of the ground in one piece being so delicate

Later on was a surprise find that partly making up for the shilling damage, a very small sterling silver fob watch case with hallmarks on the inside. At long last a silver case, every single one prior to last night was either oxidised copper or partly silver plated. :party:

The Deus was setup using the 9" HF coil in 14kHz and the hot program - thought there weren't too many targets left here, though the HF coil did really good at sniffing out faint sqeakers from amongst the junk. :)

1529997336_img_20180626_164057.jpg

1529997362_img_20180626_164232.jpg

1529997607_s-l1600.jpg

1529997383_img_20180626_164123.jpg

1529997410_img_20180626_164141.jpg

Must be a nice weighty fob then mate ? :p
pity bout the 36... looks like it coulda had a pointy star too :eek:
1530002862_screenshot_2018-06-26-18-45-04.jpg

It's like Fate is telling you to keep going. I know I would be back at that place digging every signal there just in case.

Latest posts