Minelab Koss ur 30 headphone repairs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I seperated the wires from the proprietry connection on my koss headphones (SDC 2300)
Yes I am going to upgrade headphones.

I still want to try to fix the broken ones for a spare set.

Does anyone know the connections in relation to where black red and white should be soldered into the connector.

I tried
black to 5 and 6 pins
white to 2 pin
red to 3 pin

I think these are the right pins as they were the only ones with solder on them.

The phones worked (sort of) with this, however there was a continuous noise besides the usual warble.
It did make the usual noises when i tried the detector on lead and gold.

I am wondering if the continual noise is perhaps i over soldered and have inadvertantly hit another pin.
I can't see this but wondering?

Any advice appreciated

(This is the connector at the end of the headphone lead that plugs into the sdc)

Neil

Well I emailed their website for info and quote for new phones/connector/sP01 and haven't heard back.

NeilM said:
Well I emailed their website for info and quote for new phones/connector/sP01 and haven't heard back.

Good chance he is out swinging.................... or doing a demonstration :Y: He doesn't have a secretary :) :Y:

Also
I am presuming pin no 1 is the first to the left of the notch when looking down on the connector

Latest posts