American expidition fluid bed sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Was thinking about getting one of these.Aparentlly the design is better than the bazooka..Has any one out there tried one/own one. At only $240 delivered it sounds pretty good. :Y:
1518044277_img_20180208_346.jpg

Where did you find one that cheap? I have been watching them for a while.

The Recon is the smaller one and that is $95 USD plus postage the Expedition $125 USD plus postage. Even using myUS you are looking at $50 postage to Aus, plus $20 flat rate to get it to Florida first. eBay about the same $129.95 + a whopping $64.95 postage. So around $250 AUD

Geez it was nice back when we had parity, not good for the economy though.

That being said I accidentally noticed a box for one in the shed when I was getting the mower out earlier in the week, my birthday is coming up hehe so I guess I'll have an idea about them in a couple of weeks.

rockfinder said:
Could by a croc gator for $299 and support Aussie companies
Could...but I won't...I buy what ever is the best deal..no matter where it's from..I would be surprised if everything you own is Australian made :Y: :D plus 299 for an 18inch sluice is way over priced.imo :Y:

I agree with rockfinder. Aussie first. But the Gold Croc is way too expensive at $299.00 plus postage. :N: :eek:

YES........They're Awesome.
But you could buy a croc gattor for $299 and support aussie companies ;) :playful:

They are well built and value for the money...BUT .To be honest my standard river sluice is much better as Where I go I still need to classify and you I dont need as much river flow with the standard sluice.

Is it a dream mat sluice?

I'm tossing up my options on what to get. I don't have a sluice of any kind yet

malri_au said:
i don't think some of these sluices think of the slaty aussie conditions,it's not all rounded stream rocks like some. that would be fine but you'd want to classify below the round hole size.
Maybe that angled rise where the round holes are would help the big chunky gold hang on up there as the rocks kept moving ? :goldnugget:
too bad if I'm wrong though hey :eek:
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

rockfinder said:

No it's a fluid bed sluice..Same principle as the croc and bazooka....The fine gravel and gold gets trapped in a compartment at the bottom of the sluice..Have a look on utube to get a better idea.Ive found you need good water flow for it to work efficiently which at my creek is not very often :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
rockfinder said:

No it's a fluid bed sluice..Same principle as the croc and bazooka....The fine gravel and gold gets trapped in a compartment at the bottom of the sluice..Have a look on utube to get a better idea.Ive found you need good water flow for it to work efficiently which at my creek is not very often :Y:
Mmmmm.... well that rules out in and around Tully. ....lol :D

G'Day all

First thing. Croc gold has gone out of business. I have their Gator and it's great to backpack. Wanted the Freshy but had to make one instead. Specs and photos are on the forum. Better to make one than get it from the US I figure. Also you absolutely do not need to classify if you have the stream flow right. I have used both in slatey dirt and granite and it works a treat. I know its hard to get out of the habit but I have tested both every which way and have had no problems.

Araluen

In a perfect world you dont need to classify :)
But where I go clasification is still a must other wise those marble sized clay balls holding gold just rolls on over the top

Smoky bandit said:
Your welcome to dig with me at my spots anytime Silver :Y:
Can't promise we'll find much though :lol:
Surely one day aye.... but we'll dig for silvers..... maybe after April some time.
I'm hoping to have a road trip around then (fingers crossed). :Y:

Latest posts