Ozie Explorer 3D Not Matching Contours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with why my Oziexplorer 3D elevations don't quite match contours on either Geovic or 1;50,000 Vic GT Geological Survey Maps.
Thanks

possible map errors,they where some meters out on certain sources,there was a lot of digital devices that needed correction.

I remember reading about this '20m' out anomaly a while back,trying to find reference.

Malri_au
I'm thinking it's something like that. A mismatch of data.
The Geological survey maps I've quickly reviewed are using Australian Geodetic (1966) horizontal datum and Australian Height Datum (1971) vertical datum, but Oziexplorer uses SRTM Height Data (World 3 sec) which I believe is 2000, with various edits over recent years.

It could be just a mismatch of data, and from what I can see Oziexplorer 3D doesn't explain any of this, or provide any instruction on how to adjust for it.

What I find is, for example, that the peak of the 3D image is not centred over the highest contour. It is centred on the northern edge of the contour.

Can anyone help with explanation and or how to get around it.

I feel there must be a way or else Oziexplorer is misrepresenting the 3D capability.

Thanks

Latest posts