My first ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1517634253_20180203_145811.jpg
With some great help from Lefty I made my first sterling silver ring wrapped with the end results :)

Too bad about the flex-shaft not working when we needed it :p I've just twigged that I remember putting a different sized collet in the head - I don't think there's anything wrong with the machine, I think the collet that's in it is too big for the shaft of that polishing bob, I'll go and swap them over later and see if that's all the problem was.

Pretty mind-blowing to see that dull, smooth-sanded metal can take on a polish so clear and bright that you can see your reflection in it clearly.

We can do another next weekend if you like. I've had a big backlog of stones to facet, I hope to finish them off by the end of this coming week so should be free next weekend :Y:

Yeah oh well mate still made a pretty good ring hopefully that's the problem and not the machine itself I'm still stunned with how it polished up and it was amazing to see the solder melt in the joint Id love to make another mate just let me know what day :Y:

Latest posts