Snorkel and flippers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madtuna said:
76 freaken mm of rain here in the last 24 hours! :N:
Better make that 2 sets...DaveNT could use a set too

It should make some grass grow, and fatten up those scrub bulls !

" The Garden " station out from Alice Springs used to burst into life after a couple of inches ! Andy Hayes's cattle would be fat as whales after ! :)

Cheers,
Rick

Nah....no budgie smuggler pics and no goggles.
Another 32mm since this morning, nowhere as bad as Darwin, but then we are in the WA desert not the tropics.

Rick, haven't seen a beast for about a week or more...everything abandons the wells and heads to the creek systems and the lakes which are now full.

Just emptied the rain gauge...another 23mm overnight.
I won't be going anywhere for two weeks minimum :N:

Surely there are other options MT?? ;)

1517470638_choppa.jpg

Even the choppers are grounded mate....the rain makes a mess of the leadin edge of the rotors :N:

Can't even do that! The beer is sitting in at the post orifice waiting for pickup but the roads are cut

Can you get someone with a fixed wing aircraft to do a fly over and drop some. That's how we used to get mail and bread when I was a kid. Or when the roads are open grab a home brew kit batch it up for times like this. Mightn't be your preferred swill but I bet you'll rave about it if you try it in trying times :Y:.

Nah all good mate, have supplies here to last months and if that ran out you just go out and knock something off out in the paddock

madtuna said:
76 freaken mm of rain here in the last 24 hours! :N:
Better make that 2 sets...DaveNT could use a set too

Settle in and take care of yourself.

Four years ago I was stuck by myself care-taking a station in the west Pilbara for just under 3 months, due to record rains. Strip was under water and actually damaged as well as tracks in and out. After things dropped a bit I gradually repaired tracks working outwards from the homestead, then fixed the strip to allow a bloke to fly in to fix the Internet access, but owner and his family didn't get back in for a couple of weeks after that, when I was able to get out and bring them back in.

Plenty to keep myself busy fortunately.

Rob P

Out on the Hay Plains (Oxley) 8mm of rain made you think twice before setting off, for fear of destroying the property roads. We got 150mm in one night to us kids it was Christmas in June, 2 weeks off school :Y: :D and all the freedom we cared for. The reality is that doesn't happen very often in those parts but when it does your going nowhere soon.

That thumbs down and up are too close together grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts