Sneaky Cuttlefish topaz made into a ring...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 30th wedding anniversary is coming up, and as 30 years ago we were both students and did the wedding on the cheap, I thought a nice ring might be a good present.

Bitch from hell mother in law would not kick the tin because we had a civil rather than a religious ceremony, so we paid for it ourselves. In revenge we told the motherinlawasauras that we would only invite the relatives that we liked, and that was not many of them! We ended up having a 10 minute ceremony and a 5 hour lunch in an Italian restaurant.

Anyway, i had this Chernobyl brillant cut topaz from SC made into a rose gold bezel setting ring.

To say it is spectacular is an understatement.

Thanks SC!

1517308930_topaz_ring.jpg

Who or what is SC please?

Looks like the stone has a pink tone in it or is that just being picked up from the surroundings?

I see, Sneaky Cuttlefish, ... which is a ... ?

- PH

Good on ya SC!

Hes another forum member, nice bloke and pretty sharp on his mineralogy. Still remember our trip 3or 4 years ago hunting topaz here in Far North Qld.

Love the clarity and colour of that stone btw.
TGW.

SneakyCuttlefish (SC) is a Cutter of fine Gems... There are a few very talented Gem cutters on this Forum and SC is one of them... :Y: :)

We like to cut Peoples names down... Like Me... LW..... LoneWolf... ;)

LW....

I understand it all now, thank you to all.

Mt Surprise topaz is really delicious to cut, sort of buttery and glowing.

However, some of the nicest topaz that I have cut is from NE Tasmania. It has a mineral content that gives a stunning colouration, a bit like titanium is added to the content, so rich and steely-like.

And yes, that is a great looking stone. What was the cut?

Mackka, Chernobyl Brilliant cut reminds me of the Uranium Cut that was so called when irradiated quartz was cut in a Standard Round Brilliant. The stone shone like it was on steroids at full beam.

Congratulations there Dr Duck! A lovely piece piece there, highlighting the always-excellent faceting of SneakyCuttlefish - I hope she gets many years of enjoyment from wearing it.

motherinlawasauras
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts