So what is it?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
1517288655_optimized-20180129_170410.jpg

A few years ago I found this. Because it was so gummed up with rust and scale I just chucked it in my finds jar and left it there. A few months ago, going through that finds jar I thought I should have a go at loosening it up so I threw it into an ice-cream container of diesel and forgot about it. As time went by Id pull it out try to move different components, and when they wouldn't move throw it back in the diesel again.
Well yesterday I had another go at moving the components and tho and behold things moved. SO WHAT IS IT? Heres a piccie? No cant load the photo...don't know why. Help Admin! The diag box for tube, lists, comments come up but Pics wont.

The metal piece at the bottom swings out and releases the handles which encase the blade

1517289877_img_3509.jpg

Some of them have blanks where the blade should be for tricking. Others have things like combs in place of the blade.

That one however has the exact design mine had so I'm guessing it's the real deal.

Easy to conceal, very quick to pull out and do damage. Understandably prohibited

Good onya DSA. That's exactly what it looks like. Sounds like someone wanted to dispose of it then cause I found it out in the bush ages ago. So what am I to do with it? Must say Im encircled with Coppers.......side fence, across the road, back fence and side fence maybe I'll ask them. But here it is.

1517292831_20180130_153839.jpg

Easy to conceal, very quick to pull out and do damage? I reckon its a clumbsy thing to get open. Maybe I'm just not proficient in its application.

Asio won't be after you because you have one knife :D . Personally I'd just do the blade in with a hammer and bin it so no kids can get ahold of it

Grind the cutting edge off flat , so it has a blade but no edge . Still could be illegal but wont go far in the legal world. Or sell it to a collector , theres a few on this site . Pretty sure 7.62 marksman would be licensed to have that and i am sure there are others.
Nice find :Y:

Tassie Daz said:
Good onya DSA. That's exactly what it looks like. Sounds like someone wanted to dispose of it then cause I found it out in the bush ages ago. So what am I to do with it? Must say Im encircled with Coppers.......side fence, across the road, back fence and side fence maybe I'll ask them. But here it is.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/334/1517292831_20180130_153839.jpg
could always pass it onto someone that collects knives ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

Hey NeilM crevicing tools a great idea.

And BetPlacer have a look at the handle. There are raised swirls on the brass.

Anyway I wonder how old it is......Any clues.

Tassie Daz said:

I tried to find it online but couldn't, it's the exact one I had which I got from my brother who had it around '95

So atleast 20+ years that particular design has been made for