The Best Gold Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetPlacer

Ron (Buddy) Kendrick
Reaction score
G'day mates,

I'm new to the forum, and new to detecting. I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times by now, so hopefully I'll make it a little more fun to answer.

What arm detector would you buy for gold detecting if:

#1.) Money were no object?

#2.) You had $5000?

#3.) You had $3500?

#4.) You had $2000?

#5.) You had $1000?

As an arm is just another limb, I'd go for any run of the mill leg detector by any limb detecting manufacture. Usually cheaper but do the same job.

If you really want to get fancy, get a cheap butt sniffer and have it upgraded.

edit: forgot to add a smiley icon ----> :D

Manpa said:
Oh no, this topic will create some debate. :) :) :)
Just like waving a red rag at a bull.

I'm sure there will be plenty of, "If it's not Aussie, IT'S CRAP!" That said, I couldn't find much on QED. Anyone have any links on where to buy and how much?

Nor sure of the Gold Detecting condition in USA

Whatever you buy it will take many moons to master & be prepared to stick with it .

BetPlacer said:
Manpa said:
Oh no, this topic will create some debate. :) :) :)
Just like waving a red rag at a bull.

I'm sure there will be plenty of, "If it's not Aussie, IT'S CRAP!" That said, I couldn't find much on QED. Anyone have any links on where to buy and how much?
One issue you might have with importing the QED into the US is it hasn't got FCC compliance.
https://www.fcc.gov/engineering-technology/laboratory-division/general/equipment-authorization
I do remember hearing or seeing something about Interfacion working towards getting it but then other info suggests they are happy to remain small? Chances are it may get through to you ok but then if they do check it you could lose it & your AUD$1850+?
Not to distract from this forum but you may be better asking your question here also: http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/ to get a more local answer to your question. Not sure of the ground conditions around Minnesota but the blokes on there could give you a better idea of what would be best there i.e. a $500 Gold Bug Pro might best suit your needs regardless of what money you had to spend.
You may be better to draw up a list of requirements in a detector that would suit your area like:
1) Need to be waterproof or not
2) Small gold capability/large deep gold capability or combination of both
3) Lightweight or not important
4) Local after sales support/parts/accessories/training if important to you (some detectors are turn on & go - others may require some tuition depending on skill level)
5) Highly mineralised ground handling ability or ground not so harsh
6) Budget etc.
You would likely get better responses to suit you & your area rather than the most expensive options in each price bracket.

A good day to buy any detector from a dealer on Ebay. 10% off (up to $500) Makes all machines look that little bit more attractive.

Whats the best you ask, what can I say my one's lol

GPZ 7000

GPX 4500

SDC 2300

CTX 3030

Been happy with them all to date so to me they have served me well and all have paid for themself if not over there cost. :Y:

Cheers

Latest posts