ALICE pack frame

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieChris

Checks in from time to time.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea of Aussie sellers of Alice pack frames? (or similar). I had a bit of a google search and found either "out of stock" or only USA sellers.
I found this ripper from ALPS OutdoorZ costs around $100 AUD plus around $55 postage from the US :/, pricey but a good unit. However, I would prefer to buy Aussie if anyone knows of a retailer or even if someone has one they are willing to part with?

1516791860_81ak7h0sqpl._sl1500_.jpg

1516791874_8118gcfbbrl._sl1500_.jpg

I hiked around 4-5km into a spot on Sunday, was not too bad going in, even though I was carrying a couple of buckets with too many tools, water, a small sluice, Banjo pan and set of Garrett pans/classifier.

Coming back.....bloody hell. Carrying all that gear in hand and under my arms mostly uphill at 8pm was not very fun. It was still pretty warm at that time too. I don't mind a bit of a walk lol but I think I might have had a couple too many McDoubles of late, I might be morphing into Todd Hoffman...not sure. I did find gold though so not quite a Hoffman yet!

AussieChris said:
Anyone have any idea of Aussie sellers of Alice pack frames? (or similar). I had a bit of a google search and found either "out of stock" or only USA sellers.
I found this ripper from ALPS OutdoorZ costs around $100 AUD plus around $55 postage from the US :/, pricey but a good unit. However, I would prefer to buy Aussie if anyone knows of a retailer or even if someone has one they are willing to part with?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/4915/1516791860_81ak7h0sqpl._sl1500_.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/4915/1516791874_8118gcfbbrl._sl1500_.jpg

I hiked around 4-5km into a spot on Sunday, was not too bad going in, even though I was carrying a couple of buckets with too many tools, water, a small sluice, Banjo pan and set of Garrett pans/classifier.

Coming back.....bloody hell. Carrying all that gear in hand and under my arms mostly uphill at 8pm was not very fun. It was still pretty warm at that time too. I don't mind a bit of a walk lol but I think I might have had a couple too many McDoubles of late, I might be morphing into Todd Hoffman...not sure. I did find gold though so not quite a Hoffman yet!

Stay away from cheese burgers :N: AC, that's the Todd Hoffman recipe for disaster. Too many makes you loose your senses and thus make expensive mistakes :lol:. Can't help with the pack but sounds like your having fun :Y:.

My last one is a plastic frame, which I have on a old LAN125 pack. I think the brand is SORD, but there would be other brands that might be cheaper. You could also look around for a 2nd hand one.

Hey , there is a second hand store in Melb called Savers.
I got an alum one for $10, they come up every once in a while, with the bag...

shame i gave 2 steel and one alum pack away several years ago...

Something like this.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TATONKA...938195?hash=item33e0358dd3:g:jvYAAOSwObhaZITF

Search for child carrier hiking backpack to find the same thing , there are many different designs with different types of steel frame , maybe check them out in a baby shop first so you can clearly see which ones have a suitable frame then buy it from eBay for 10 % of retail

Important bit is that the waist strap puts most of the weight on your hips rather than your shoulders like a good hiking pack would.

There's a store on fleabay run by AUQM out of Enoggera (Army Base) in Brissy, stack of Mil Spec gear plus a lot of Alice equipment but no frames anything like your photo, pretty much everything else bar the one you are looking for, then again, a lot of other useful gear

AussieChris said:
Wow HeadsUp you are a clever bugger, this one is a ripper but they only will allow pickup!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kathman...939569?hash=item284e839af1:g:4fQAAOSwvGlaZrg~

Who is near Burwood, Melbourne? lol

Be patient and you will find one just up the road , maybe you will see one ON the side of the road for council cleanup . Lol there are a million of them out there

Use the time to suss out which brand and model suits you best .

Clever ? If I was clever I would be a billionaire by now with all the great ideas I have had - and been robbed of over the years by elements in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts