First swing today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i finally got out for a swing, my first. I'm using a GP extreme with an extreme 1100 coil
I went out for a few hours around the Mt Doran area looking for the old digging sites. i dont
think i was really in the right area, I think i got the settings sorted on the machine
but reading the ground that's another thing.
No gold today but i did get: 1 ring pull, 1 bolt, 1 arc welding electrode stub and a few bits of wire.
All about 200mm deep. I filled my holes and took the junk home.
Well i guess it's back to work on monday. Still it was a great day just to get out there and have a go.

You probably have more chance of striking it rich from a lottery ticket than you do from detecting for gold.

Monday will always be there, and so will that job.

But feel good as you said it was a GREAT DAY, you removed junk/rubbish from the ground, cleaned up Australia, and did some exercise. And every now and then you will be rewarded with a little thank you treasure, maybe even a bit of gold if you are lucky.

But expect today to happen over and over.... and over again.

Great to see your positive attitude, and you filled your holes. Keep up the good work.

The main thing is you got out and had a go enjoying the time .The more you get out on the fields using the detector and becoming familiar with the sounds and settings the gold will eventually come.The main thing is not to get disheartened and enjoy the chase of the yellar stuff.You are on the right track looking for the old diggings and surrounding area`s.Research and more research is the way to go and when you find that first piece you will never forget the moment.
Best of luck for the oncoming season.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks guys, yep practice practice practice, hopefully one day the planets will align and i will be able to make it to a meet up.

Latest posts