Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My came from a motorcycle club in the uk when i was 16 someone ask if I knew where to get a diamond ring for his girlfriends birthday I said ya how much do you want to spend he told me and a day later he had his ring .then someone else wanted something else and a day later he had it then one of the guys said that i was a Pirate because i could get anything you want .that became my handle or road name and has been for 52 years dont think i will change it now lol I was a bit of a ratbag back then lol.

When I first started work I had to spend the first 12 months in a training school. I was in a class group of 12 young ratbags (and believe me some were very bad). After a couple of weeks the group teacher said that we had to appoint a group leader to represent the group to management if there were any issues. Now I was from a country town, was very small in stature , and the youngest of the lot and a bit of a "swat", and they were all city kids that got into trouble together, so they didn't want to "dob in" one of their mates, so they said "him, him" pointing to me. The instructor said who and one of the smartasses said "him Pablo". So the instructor said why call him Pablo his name is Rob, and the kid said "because he is always thinking about things and coming up with answers like that Greek thinker bloke". It then dawned on me who he meant and I said "its Plato you nit not Pablo". So I was stuck with Pablo for a year of so and used it as a moniker many, many years later when Email started adding the P on the end for my surname.

Rob P.

RM Outback said:
Mine is my initials and I live out the back of town and I'm fond of Sir Reginald Murray Williams.

Yeah bit of a fan also :Y:

1516405507_rm_williams.jpg

Ramjet said:
My initials are RR so Roger Ramjet is a nickname I had as a boy. Comes complete with a handy avatar. :D

But why is Roger ... er, how can I put this delicately ... "touching the frog"? Aren't there laws against that sort of thing?

Anolphart said:
Ramjet said:
My initials are RR so Roger Ramjet is a nickname I had as a boy. Comes complete with a handy avatar. :D

But why is Roger ... er, how can I put this delicately ... "touching the frog"? Aren't there laws against that sort of thing?

"Touch the frog" is a quote from an Adams Hills stand up comedy routine. It has a great story behind it.

WARNING: Language

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/G4bh7bsqebc[/video]

Ramjet said:
Anolphart said:
Ramjet said:

"Touch the frog" is a quote from an Adams Hills stand up comedy routine. It has a great story behind it.

WARNING: Language

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/G4bh7bsqebc[/video]

Ah I see, it's a bit like the quote from the Godfather ... "go to the mattress"!

Could not use an old moniker as Kwaka... was too close to another member's moniker and Toecutter was not really appropriate for a prospecting forum, besides I have gotten rid of the heavy duty bolt cutters, so used my first name and first 4WD instead. :)

Latest posts