Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my first name is Phill.

After being in the military the usual nickname is your surname with an "O" or a "Y" placed on the end.
Unless you do something spectacular and then a new name will be sought out quick smart.

"Philthy" was earned early on in my career and stuck ever since. As anyone that has served can tell you, you carry only what you need.

After a lot of bush time, hygeine tacks the backseat to food, water and ammo (or the damn radio batteries).

"Filthy Phill" was the original version. As with all things military, there were cutbacks and "Philthy" was created.

I even had the Number Plate "PHILTH" for awhile too.

Philthy said:
Well, my first name is Phill.

After being in the military the usual nickname is your surname with an "O" or a "Y" placed on the end.
Unless you do something spectacular and then a new name will be sought out quick smart.

"Philthy" was earned early on in my career and stuck ever since. As anyone that has served can tell you, you carry only what you need.

After a lot of bush time, hygeine tacks the backseat to food, water and ammo (or the damn radio batteries).

"Filthy Phill" was the original version. As with all things military, there were cutbacks and "Philthy" was created.

I even had the Number Plate "PHILTH" for awhile too.
Classic!! :lol: :lol:

Well you don't need much imagination as to why I'm a gunna, the misses always said I'm a gunna, gunna do this and gunna do that, gunna go here and gunna go there, but now I've decided if I say I'm gunna go here or gunna go there or gunna do this or gonna do that well I'm gunna :rainbow: :lol: :lol:

Hi All, Kids sometimes thought I was a grump, recon they were right. I joined a military motor cycle club and the name stuck and I have used it on a number of online forums since. I served in the same Battalion as 7.62marksman but not at the same time.

died in a car accident in 1986 when young & foolish, but was revived at the scene.
Was initially referred to by my mates as 'Dead Man Walking', or just 'DM', then came 'Phantom'. When The Flying Doctors series came on tv one of the actors lines was "D, E, D, Stuffed" (in his part his spelling wasn't good).
One of my mates picked up the line & I was given the new tag 'DED'. Then the Driver bit was added.
DED Driver has stuck.
over the years a few people have tried to make DED an acronym & find a 3 word meaning for it, but none really good.
Dead End Drive is about the closest fit :awful:

Ded Driver said:
died in a car accident in 1986 when young & foolish, but was revived at the scene.
Was initially referred to by my mates as 'Dead Man Walking', or just 'DM', then came 'Phantom'. When The Flying Doctors series came on tv one of the actors lines was "D, E, D, Stuffed" (in his part his spelling wasn't good).
One of my mates picked up the line & I was given the new tag 'DED'. Then the Driver bit was added.
DED Driver has stuck.
over the years a few people have tried to make DED an acronym & find a 3 word meaning for it, but none really good.
Dead End Drive is about the closest fit :awful:

SHUT THE FRIDGE. Thats one hell of a reason for a name! I had wondered about it too. Phew.

cairnspom said:
madtuna said:
My last name is Fisher.

Growing up I got called everything to do with fish....mullet guts, fish guts, flat head, fish face, tuna etc..
Thankfully Tuna stuck and not some of the others.

Madtuna came after a few avoidable stints in hospital but most people just call me tuna.

Incidentally I had three brothers, Tony, Mark and Shane, my name was Stephen.
We were called Tony the Pony, Mark the Shark, Shane the Pain and Stephen the Peeven.
WHAT THE F@$K IS A PEEVEN???
Meaning and Origin
What does the name Peeven mean? Find out below.

Origin and Meaning of Peeven
Submit the origin and/or meaning of Peeven to us below

Origin of Peeven
Peeven Means
Example: "Gift of God"
Cited Source
Example: a web site, book, or other media
Submit
Alt. Meaning
P is for perfection, it's what you seek.

E is for elegant, born within you.

E is for encouraging, thanks for the motivation!

V is for versatile, your changeable nature.

E is for electric, a sparkling trait!

N is for nifty, how neat!

OK Steve....they must have been joking when they called you that! :D

spew..

:D

I was out on an early morning snapper fishing mission roaming through the bush before Sun up power walking to get to my spot before first light when I almost stepped on a large roo having a sleep. I don't know who got the bigger shock! Roo jumped up hopped left and right then back at me! As you could imagine I shat myself..

Similar thing happened out prospecting so decided on Skipp only my phone has auto correct and cut it short to Skip

Just flicking back through and there's definitely more than a few creative names.

I'm sure I've explained mine, though that would be hidden and buried WAY down deep under five years of newer threads. :)

Easy to throw in a refresher...

The name Syndyne [Pronounced; sindn] came about via five or six years of doing amateur backyard Astronomy from 2004 onwards. It sort of popped up through the research and subsequent photography of the impressive McNaught Comet display on the evenings around the 19th of January 2007. The Comet tail had very impressive and quite stark striated features -almost like a feather- which are known as Syndyne Dust Lanes. These form due to the build up of dust ejector from the Comet's frozen nucleus as it's orbit nears the Sun.

We had an amazing view of it here at the Ridge, whereas many parts of the country were under cloud cover at the time. I only wish I had my current camera back then, although I guess I was lucky to even be able to catch it with the little Nikon hybrid digital that I had! :cool:

Cheers.

Nothing special about mine. It was just a email address that I made over a decade ago. You know how they make you try to make one then tell you na then youll have a few to choose from a computer generated list.
That was mine. I used to get called Greggles back in high school and my early days of working behind a bar so thats what I chose.
It stuck with me for most online gaming and forums I go on. I have only ever mainly used that as a name because Greg or Gregory always seems to be taken and its easier for others to recognise me if I keep the same name for everything.
Back on the PlayStation 3 I briefly went by the name
@n@lsSeepage just as a joke but someone reported me and the account got closed :lol:

Latest posts