Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpot

Kerrie
Reaction score
Just a bit of fun. Wondering how you came up with your forum avatar name?

Flowerpot.
I have a funny surname and I still use it. Growing up and at school I copped heaps of ribbing over the name, (actually still do), but I don't mind, :Y: :) :) :) I like it actually, it's a bit of fun that I don't find upsetting at all.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I got called flowesy, blowy, blowbum, flowerpot, blowa :D :D :D :D etc. My Dad had the best sense of humour and he copped it all his life and he had a big nose as well and copped it about that too, but he never took offence and he and his mates laughed and always were respectful about other stuff and I saw that and felt if Dad was never upset then theres no need for me to be either. I like 'flowepot' and so I use it on the forum. Even my hubby calls me by my maiden surname fairly regulary and one of my longest besties calls me by my surname.

Mine is just my middle name , which is my fathers first name ! Being German heritage , but grew up in Zimbabwe , at an all English school , I copped plenty my school career !

Was a source of much grief , but now I love it , and laugh aplenty !

Gunter

Mine was given to me by a driller . He knew a prospector by that nickname many years ago who had a heart attack while saving his daughter from drowning in 1982 and died on getting her back to the beach .
He has black lung disease and has not got long to go on this planet . Have been to some very remote areas in north west Qld with Jack and as long as he wishes to call me Philbert thats cool with me .

an old navy nickname which comes by way of the name of a bar in some obscure place that the shore patrol found myself and my best mate "Mabutoo" and we were both as drunk as skunks, there rest is a little too embarrassing to continue with :8

cairnspom said:
Mine's a bit complicated....I am (was!) a pom....and I live in Cairns! :D
I can understand how being a Pom you would find that complicated. Sorry I couldnt help myself. Bit rich coming from a dog whos identity is unknown but he looked like a black jack russel when he was little so got shortened to Bjay. :Y:

Bjay said:
cairnspom said:
I can understand how being a Pom you would find that complicated. Sorry I couldnt help myself. Bit rich coming from a dog whos identity is unknown but he looked like a black jack russel when he was little so got shortened to Bjay. :Y:
phew! so glad you clarified that...yours had me worried :D

Bjay said:
cairnspom said:
That's all good...I've been here 10 years now...I'm used to it! :D

My last name is Fisher.

Growing up I got called everything to do with fish....mullet guts, fish guts, flat head, fish face, tuna etc..
Thankfully Tuna stuck and not some of the others.

Madtuna came after a few avoidable stints in hospital but most people just call me tuna.

Incidentally I had three brothers, Tony, Mark and Shane, my name was Stephen.
We were called Tony the Pony, Mark the Shark, Shane the Pain and Stephen the Peeven.
WHAT THE F@$K IS A PEEVEN???

madtuna said:
My last name is Fisher.

Growing up I got called everything to do with fish....mullet guts, fish guts, flat head, fish face, tuna etc..
Thankfully Tuna stuck and not some of the others.

Madtuna came after a few avoidable stints in hospital but most people just call me tuna.

Incidentally I had three brothers, Tony, Mark and Shane, my name was Stephen.
We were called Tony the Pony, Mark the Shark, Shane the Pain and Stephen the Peeven.
WHAT THE F@$K IS A PEEVEN???
Meaning and Origin
What does the name Peeven mean? Find out below.

Origin and Meaning of Peeven
Submit the origin and/or meaning of Peeven to us below

Origin of Peeven
Peeven Means
Example: "Gift of God"
Cited Source
Example: a web site, book, or other media
Submit
Alt. Meaning
P is for perfection, it's what you seek.

E is for elegant, born within you.

E is for encouraging, thanks for the motivation!

V is for versatile, your changeable nature.

E is for electric, a sparkling trait!

N is for nifty, how neat!

OK Steve....they must have been joking when they called you that! :D

Gods gift to gold finding I do imagine. :D sorry probably didnt sound right. Not meant in any bad way. Nothing but praise for you efforts. :D