Beepin' and Vapin'

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any members vape? I've been vaping about 2 years now, and I haven't had a cigarette in that time! You don't realise how much cigarettes smell and make you smell, no offense to any smokers here :p

If you do vape, which mods/Tanks do you run? And which juices take your fancy?

I'm currently using a smok Gpriv with the baby beast tank in gold :Y:
1516245656_img_3394.jpg

But I've had quite a few other vapes, I still have a cuboid, kangertech squonk dripper mod, vapresso target 75w mod.

Looking for an upgrade soon really, the gpriv is abit big to be carrying around at work.

I just stocked up on lunch break at work
1516242796_img_3392.jpg

Directly from Vape98 website,

Envy - A slice of Honeydew Melon, a few red and ripe strawberries, with a squeeze of cucumber and mint on ice.

Lust - A lemon twist, infused with its secret pink ingredient.

Wrath - A mix of green apple, a squeeze of peach and a splash of sour.

Pineapple - Pineapple :D

Vape98 are an adelaide company, supporting locals is the way to go :p

they do have tobacco flavours, different ones for all different brands of smokes. Some mixed with honey, bourbon and anything else under the sun. Even menthol. If your wanting to quit smoking, I realise vaping is just substituting one habit for another but according to current research it's around 95% better for your health! I'm not a medical professional and am not trying to steer anyone either way, just speaking from my own experience and the experience of my friends who quit smoking. It works, and it's easy to do. You get you nicotine fix from the vape so you don't really ever crave a cigarette

If you're new to vapes your best bet is to go to your local vape shop and talk to staff. Most ones I've been to in adelaide are brilliant. They showed me everything I needed to know when I first started. The pros and cons of each vape/coil/tank suggested a level of nicotine to start on (selling juice with nicotine in is technically illegal, but most places do it as it's not really inforced) and any other questions I had.

Those 4 bottles will last me around 3-4 months and it cost me $60, so there's value there.

My vape itself cost $120, but you can get decent ones for around $60. (Avoid the cheap crappy disposable ones from servos)

The coils need to be replaced around every 1-2 months depending how much you use it. I vape a lot every day and I change it about every 2 months at a cost of $6 per coil. However you can get ceramic coils for some vapes that last for 6-8months without needeing to change them

Some require batteries like 18650s which are rechargeable but cost around $10 each and should really be replaced only when they're damaged as they do have a history of exploding :D I just got a new pair of batters but my last set I had for about 18months

After the start up costs you'll really save abit of money if you're a pack a day type smoker.

Out of the 5 of my work colleagues I gave a few of my old vapes to, Only 2 went back to smoking due to some difficulties they had when first starting up which put them off and they gave up.

Hi dsa, I have been vaping for about 1 year now & I used to smoke 25 cigarettes a day. Currently I am using the istick pico kit with eleaf melo3 tank & my main flavour juice is mt baker thug juice which is a berry & melon flavour with a little menthol. When I first started, I vaped tobacco flavours but now prefer fruity flavours.Since I started vaping I have tried a cigarette once at a party after a few drinks, but after the first drag it tasted foul & could not finish it. Also it is amazing how now even food tastes better after giving up cigarettes. Hopefully I will never go back to cigarettes.
cheers tony.

Mate do ya self a favour, STOP.
Mackka
I should explain.
I had an employee come to me every month and ask for a pay rise. I couldn't approve it. That was some years ago ago late last year I asked " how ya goin?" as I did every morning. Not good mate bloody fags went up again!
So I asked what a pack of fags was worth these days and he he gave me a figure. I said " how many do you and ya misses smoke a day?" and he gave me a number.
Now don't get me wrong here as I loved the ciggies and then my love turned to a pipe, or many pipes and the aromatic flavours of magnificent tobaccos.
I worked out that he and his misses were spending over $15,000 on fags not to mention grog.
I am sorry but I feel that is a lot of money and to waste it like that when they needed so many other items , like good quality food, just bewilders me.
I apologise to all smokers for my rant and sincerely agree for you to smoke as much as you like, just don't claim on my medical for the lung transplant.
Sincerely Again
Mackka (x-smoker the worst kind)

I vaped a few years ago , made a pig of myself on it and smoked aswell , i ended up with ulcers , but i was vaping like a locomotive.
Do you blokes add nicoteen ?
I have heaps of leftovers as i dont vape anymore , my favorite flavour was winfeild with a dash honeycomb.

I have stopped vaping and smoking by sucking Nicotinell lozenges , they last about 40 minutes under my tounge , i have 6 or eight a day , cost about 50 bucks for 120 lozenges and smoking is ok for first 6 months . So i left a pack of smokes at the pub for the first few months and would have 2 or 3 smokes when i went to the pub which was 2 or 3 times a week and now its rare for me to have a smoke at all.

And i did love a smoke , i still enjoy them when i have one, but i feel so much better sucking lozenges i wont go back.

The active mist and some other lozenge made me gag , that active mist was the worst :mad: i actually threw up a little as it just seemed to choke my throat .

Mackka said:
Mate do ya self a favour, STOP.
Mackka
I should explain.
I had an employee come to me every month and ask for a pay rise. I couldn't approve it. That was some years ago ago late last year I asked " how ya goin?" as I did every morning. Not good mate bloody fags went up again!
So I asked what a pack of fags was worth these days and he he gave me a figure. I said " how many do you and ya misses smoke a day?" and he gave me a number.
Now don't get me wrong here as I loved the ciggies and then my love turned to a pipe, or many pipes and the aromatic flavours of magnificent tobaccos.
I worked out that he and his misses were spending over $15,000 on fags not to mention grog.
I am sorry but I feel that is a lot of money and to waste it like that when they needed so many other items , like good quality food, just bewilders me.
I apologise to all smokers for my rant and sincerely agree for you to smoke as much as you like, just don't claim on my medical for the lung transplant.
Sincerely Again
Mackka (x-smoker the worst kind)

Quite often people on Low incomes, smoke, drink & gamble, it possible to consume all your income on those three alone.
Does not leave much for life's essentials like good food and a roof over your head and maybe a reliable car?

Howdy,
I've been vaping for 3 years had a 15 a day rollie habit for too many years! Love the vape just running a Kanger K-Box at around 22 watts and an Aspire Nautilus sub ohm on ceramic coils. Make my own juice get VG and PG from South Australia from Base Drop and flavours also from S.A can't remember where. I import 100mg/ml from New Zealand and ends up bloody cheap! Mainly vape fruity and minty flavours but do love Grant's Vanilla Custard from the U.K. hard to get hold of, you have to join his mailing list and when it comes up for sale usually sold out in 48 hours! Cheap, better, tastes better, no shit smell! (no offence to dart lovers). Also running genuine VTC5's which last all day, can even put them in the headlamp for night detecting! Cheers Chris

Hey Swinging,
That is my point exactly. He was out of money two. Days into the week, and I asked if I could help till payday, two days away, he thanked me and said yes, so I gave him $200. No questions asked.
Payday comes around no pay back, two weeks later, no pay back, a month later I said " mate any chance of paying back the 200, the reply was , sorry mate I didn't know you need it that quick.
Go figger!
I help where I can but he then told me he used it for fags and grog. Two kids he has are 21 and 23 stay home all day playing games and have never had a job, just the dole.
End of story, a very sad one which has infiltrated Australian culture.

Baldy said:
Can you get Weed flavour..

Ahaha you can actually. And if your brave you can order THC infused vape juice from California :p but the border force might want a chat with you if you get caught :D and it's super expensive.... so I've heard.... :D

tones69 said:
Hi dsa, I have been vaping for about 1 year now & I used to smoke 25 cigarettes a day. Currently I am using the istick pico kit with eleaf melo3 tank & my main flavour juice is mt baker thug juice which is a berry & melon flavour with a little menthol. When I first started, I vaped tobacco flavours but now prefer fruity flavours.Since I started vaping I have tried a cigarette once at a party after a few drinks, but after the first drag it tasted foul & could not finish it. Also it is amazing how now even food tastes better after giving up cigarettes. Hopefully I will never go back to cigarettes.
cheers tony.

I tried mt baker vapor once and didn't particularly rate their juices actually, were talking the US mt baker right?
I tried black cherry which tasted like a perfume, and a bacon flavor and that was by far the worst flavour ive ever had :lol:
It tasted like vaping those crackling chips, and not in a good way :lol:

But I am glad you kicked the ciggies mate, I have had the same experience. I can smell a smoke from a mile off!

Mackka said:
Hey Swinging,
That is my point exactly. He was out of money two. Days into the week, and I asked if I could help till payday, two days away, he thanked me and said yes, so I gave him $200. No questions asked.
Payday comes around no pay back, two weeks later, no pay back, a month later I said " mate any chance of paying back the 200, the reply was , sorry mate I didn't know you need it that quick.
Go figger!
I help where I can but he then told me he used it for fags and grog. Two kids he has are 21 and 23 stay home all day playing games and have never had a job, just the dole.
End of story, a very sad one which has infiltrated Australian culture.

Everyone has their vices, when it starts to take over your life and you go without for X it becomes a problem. Abuse of anything is a problem! I have a policy of never lending any money, I was on the dole in my earlier days and it sucks. But I work for my money and I work damn hard to live a comfortable life style. I'm not giving it away to someone who won't do the same!

Whisp said:
Think I'll wait another 40 or 50 years and see what the long term effects of vaping are going to be before I commit to taking it up in any soret of serious manner.

https://mic.com/articles/161221/vaping-s-long-term-effects-here-s-what-the-experts-say#.k5GxM0rde

That is a sensible choice, they once said cigs were good for you! However I do think that some of the bad information out there about vaping comes from the cigarette cartels because vaping takes away their customers

"Lite up a Vipor, a Vipor , lite up a Viper you' be glad that you did".
Craven A Cork Tip, filters out the nico!
Peter Stivasents, taste the difference.
Bensen and Hedges , appointed by the Queen.
Camel Plain,
Philip Morris
Alpine
Winfield
Albany Thins
Woodbine
Where are they now?
Unfortunately, died of Lung Cancer!
Mackka :p :mad: :lol: :lol:

Mrs S & I quit when durries hit $2.50 or $3.50 for a pack of Longbeach .
been vapin pure air without any apparatus of any sort since then.
cold turkey they called it
works well for wimps as well as real men. ]:D
AF.... your post could go in the poetry section as well :Y:

Latest posts