The Poetry Section

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! :p It may come as no surprise to some.That the following Verse is in fact a song.Not a poem persay, as Poetry, is simply verse and verse is the backbone of any and all songs. So if the words of your favourite song ..'gets to you'...it's fair to say your an unwitting 'Lover of Poetry'..disagree?..I don't care..it is what it is. :eek: ]:D It is impossible for me to convey to you the melody of this tune :rolleyes: except to say it is in 'Waltz time' or 3/4 timing ideal for guiding the Mrs....or the 'Hubby'...or whatever takes your fancy...around and around the campfire at night. :cool: :p Please enjoy 'Off to the Diggins'.A Song, the inspiration for which I owe to Ken Perkins.

Off off to the Diggins.

My mate and I have done all the Research
We've been on the computer and zoomed in on Google Earth
We've looked at the maps and we've talked the good talk
Now, it's off to the diggins to walk the good walk

I've packed my 'Van Demon'for that is it's name
My mates truck the 'Turtle,' is packed just the same
We've everything ready it's taken so long
Another few days mate, and we will be gone

So it's off to the diggins Hip Hip and Hooray!
I'd rather be out there then be here,anyday
Yes it's off to the diggins let the story unfold
And it's off to the diggins to dig up some gold

Oh the air in the Snowies it does one such good
It's great for when shoveling or chopping firewood
And the rivers are flowing they run crystal clear
And the Milky Way's glory that you can't see from here

So if you could listen to this heart of mine
You'd know that my heart-beat is keeping the time
This verse is the last one I'm up off my bum
We're off to the diggins I'll give you the drum.

So it's off to the diggins Hip Hip and Hooray!
I'd rather be there than be here, anyday
Yes it's off to the diggins,Let the story unfold
And it's off to the diggins to dig up some gold...copyright. Ross.L.Langlands 2018.

PabloP said:
May have been good at the time and it served its purpose to get things off my chest.

I just hope that a few others here can draw on their hidden talents to get them out of a stressful hole, as I have done in the past.

I have another one or two that I may put up later, but keep them coming as I sit back and enjoy the work of others.

I have also found that major stress can bring out a side of me I didnt know existed, i went thru a horrid period in my life recently and wrote some stuff down, not poetry but more seeking answers. I scared myself and it may be a bit dark to share on here. I had to google some of the words i wrote as i didnt truly understand them, but they perfectly fit to my feelings at the time. I had to be in a certain mood to be able to write and I would love to be able to do it again, but i am afraid of falling into that place again. It definately helped me thru some of my worst times.

NEW DAY

Damn! It's hot and I'm bothered
And sweaty and stink
Dug for NO gold
And run out of drink

There's no fuel in the troopy
And the battery is flat
My ice has all melted
Did not take my hat

It'll all be just fine tho
As it was but a dream
I'll be up bright and early
Chasing the cream

Haha..beauty! Flowerpot!....very intuitive of you to just find a few words to describe what sounds like a long and harrowing day! albeit a dream :lol: :lol: :Y: ...that's what I'm talk'in 'bout! :cool: Good Job..Good Job! :cool:
Tietzto!...If you are afraid of falling back into that dark place...as a few of us know only to well, and you feel that to re-live it by writing it down.. may cause you to take a turn for the worst...then just don't go there my friend.Those of us who have been there understand. :rainbow: If on the other hand you feel that writing it down is a good way of shredding it from your mind then by all means do so...trust your body.One of the things that helped me come back from my deepest despair...was to write things down..and then try to evaluate what I had written..remember this my friend...sometimes, there is NOTHING to fear, except fear itself.
Prose and verse...good stuff and bad stuff, the canvas is blank...paint whatever you like.Kindest regards to you.
Rossco.

Ya can always write stuff on real paper then burn it..... specially if it's too bad but needs to be gotten off ones chest... that way it's out n gone in one movement, just don't burn the house down. :Y:

reefer said:
Haha..beauty! Flowerpot!....very intuitive of you to just find a few words to describe what sounds like a long and harrowing day! albeit a dream :lol: :lol: :Y: ...that's what I'm talk'in 'bout! :cool: Good Job..Good Job! :cool:
Tietzto!...If you are afraid of falling back into that dark place...as a few of us know only to well, and you feel that to re-live it by writing it down.. may cause you to take a turn for the worst...then just don't go there my friend.Those of us who have been there understand. :rainbow: If on the other hand you feel that writing it down is a good way of shredding it from your mind then by all means do so...trust your body.One of the things that helped me come back from my deepest despair...was to write things down..and then try to evaluate what I had written..remember this my friend...sometimes, there is NOTHING to fear, except fear itself.
Prose and verse...good stuff and bad stuff, the canvas is blank...paint whatever you like.Kindest regards to you.
Rossco.

Thanks Rossco. Ill take your advice onboard and think about contributing something I have written. Maybe somone can tell me what it is I actually wrote. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I was in a dark place once
and yarda yarda yarda
had to get it off my chest
n leave it in a papery mess
yellow flames were for the best
now I try harda harda harda
Silver 2018 :D

reefer said:
Rossco.
Great advice reefer, I absolutely love, love, love the hand written word. I have journals that I've filled with scribblings, poems, paintings, drawings, ideas, memories, dark moments, funny stuff, I've glued in photos, ticket Stubbs, receipts for cool stuff i've bought, sad moments in time, cards, letters and all sorts of stuff. Some journals are artful and others are full of dribble. I now even make my own journals, covers, pages and all, sew them all together and off I go, stuffing them full to bursting, :p I'm so glad I got into metal detecting because it gets me outdoors and it's such a fantastic exercise thingy to do. People get into tecting for different reasons...
Tietzto reefer is a wise man, haven't' met him (have I reefer?) but one day hope to sit by his fire or he be sitting by mine and share a tale and a drink or two maybe you'll be there as well Tietzto, who knows. Hand extended friend. :)

silver said:
and yarda yarda yarda
You too silver, by the fire, shooting the wind, drinkies....

I'll sip straight bourbon flowers... :p
N Pete, this thread has a life of its own now... it's going that strong ! :Y:

Hi Ho silver!, ]:D good little ditty there mate...urban turban burden.
I like a bloke who writes things down and I like drink'n Bourbon ....hehe! :p :lol: :cool:

Flowerpot. :p I too have scribblings laying about..here there and...if only I wasn't so bloody dis-organised I'd know where to find them! :D :D ... My wife is the type who's fastidious about 'everything has a place...and there's a place for everything'... :lol: I, on the other hand, am a slob ;) and someone keeps losing my stuff....biro's, drafts, sketches of prospecting ideas,drawings...all in the bin :mad: ]:D now that I'm 'getting on' I dearly wish I had been keeping them all in a journal...or should I say journals!....my saving grace as far as the last 12mths of stuff I've done is that 7.62 marksman informs me he has been cut and pasting it onto a disc! :eek: :p :p Well blow me down...he never ceases to amaze me that bloke!. :p :Y: :Y: ...No, we have not met as yet...but I would dearly love to go to the annual Laarnecoorie Bash this year...so maybe we might catch up there! :cool: in the meantime, I'm having a great time catching up with everyone right here and I feel we are all like 'old friends already! :p Kind regards...Rossco.

Here goes. Some of what I wrote last year during some hard times. Not Poetry obviously, more like questions I guess.

Thoughts, Memories and feelings, what are they anyway?
A deposit and withdrawal system, of which we are not the account holder?, or a transient of energy that can be activated by choice and harnessedto be used in motivating ones self out of inner turmoil.
A question I ponder in a state of nothingness....blank, empty, forgotten.

And another

In life's battle, there are no winners, only Mortals subject to death.
What is our true purpose?
To merely exist until our souls vessel expires?
Or are we created to remedy the mistakes of our forefathers?

Punctuation isn't my strong point

Ohhhh, there is greatness in those words and questions.
'Thoughts, memories and feelings being a deposit and withdrawal system of which we are not the account holder'
How interestingly true, sometimes, many times I have no control of thoughts, memories and feelings that pop in and out, it does seem like someone else is the account holder doing the depositing and withdrawing?? I have also pondered what my life's purpose is, clearly it is NOT to find the biggest gold nugget evah!!!
Not that I'm nuts or anything :p :rolleyes: , well I don't think I am ... yet :8 :D
Really Good work Tietzo :Y:

silver said:
and yarda yarda yarda
Oooh, I nearly missed this one
Very to the point silver and this made me smile, I have done this very thing with my scribblings. :Y: :Y:
Experience is our best teacher and inspiration for prose. :Y: :)

Flowerpot said:
Ohhhh, there is greatness in those words and questions.
'Thoughts, memories and feelings being a deposit and withdrawal system of which we are not the account holder'
How interestingly true, sometimes, many times I have no control of thoughts, memories and feelings that pop in and out, it does seem like someone else is the account holder doing the depositing and withdrawing?? I have also pondered what my life's purpose is, clearly it is NOT to find the biggest gold nugget evah!!!
Not that I'm nuts or anything :p :rolleyes: , well I don't think I am ... yet :8 :D
Really Good work Tietzo :Y:

Thanks mate. I appreciate the feedback.

One more for now.

Is it that the good times are easily forgotten?
or is it that they areoutnumbered by the bad?
Does ones mind hold onto every detail in the depths of the conscious?
or can one rid their mind of thought and remembrance?
Blame reserved only for others,
selfishness in a mirror of narcissistic reflection.
You could only imagine the inner turmoil, withheld, and beaten into submission.
The tears go unnoticed, they dry into scars of lament.
Any attempt at redemption, thwarted with continuous persecution.
Hope is all but lost into an undercurrent of sorrow and darkness, but it will not take me.
My strength and morality will overcome.