SDC + Amplifier = Z warble ( kind of )

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Rick
Reaction score
After doing the same old thing day in day out in 2017 and not cracking the gram I was seriously pi55ed off and doubting there was much left in our meagre 3 prospecting areas of SA . So after finishing sooking decided to change things up a bit to see if 2018 got any better . First week was spent moving logs and detecting under where they lay , lots of exercise a couple of sub grammars but nothing special . Week 2 I decided to fit my Detech amp ( which came free with my 4500 ) to my SDC and hit my old gold producing areas , go low and super slow to see if I could hear any deeper targets I had left behind. Today paid off with a 1.6 grammer at 8-9 inches but it was the signal that surprised me . An area I have covered previously 4 or 5 times for a few sub grammers with the SDC but this time backed off to 3 but the amp cranked gave a very faint but noticeable warble not dissimilar to the Z warble . Not a " dig me " signal but a scrape and check . Turned off amp and the signal was lost in the chatter and became a walk over . Amp on , scrape an inch and the signal became a standard SDC dig me . Might have got lucky but my SDC will be staying amped up from now on .

Cheers
1515477068_img_1292.jpg

Latest posts