Port Kembla Beach 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dron

Dron
Reaction score
It's been about a month since I've been on the gold fields and I got the itch to detect, so I headed down to the beach with the SDC2300 to work my detector swinging muscles.

It was a hot weekend and the beach has been absolutely packed, so late on Sunday night I headed down, beach was empty. There was a lot of lightning around but I just worked through it.

I ended up finding $4.10, a little (fake?) gold bead thing and what appears to be a cubic zirconia earring.

I'm thinking about renaming my detector to the Bobby Pin Bandit, haha. Lots of tent pegs and bottle tops. Total time spent detecting was about 3 hours, and I was impressed at the haul given the tiny 8" coil size I probably only covered around 0.01% of the beach.

Most productive areas for coins was near the steps leading to the amenities block and also around the metal surf life saving lookout stand thing.

1515402042_pkbeach.jpg

Was exciting to see the glint of gold under the torch light several times ... turns out it was just lots of ferrero rocher wrappers lol.

Latest posts