Info on good tumblers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister wants one for Xmas .
She wants it for silver... Was wondering the best I can buy , or make , any info much aprieciated.
Thanks
Barney

Try the Lortone rotatory tumbler. Our club has a small one for the silver group and it works well. :)
Lortone have larger tumbler sizes for stone.

Are you handy with your hands? Make one... :) . you can buy the bearings from ebay fairly cheap... stainless rod from stainless workshop.....and pulleys from ebay... all up a days labour and an electric motor and you are tumbling...... or buy one for about $200-300... aussiesapphire.com.au have a few on their website.... and they have a nice starters pack at a fair price too.... ;)

Lonewolf....

Lortone is a very good tumbler but make sure it's 240v not 120v as a lot of tumblers out of the US are 120v.... If I was looking to buy, I would get one from an Aussie Seller.. Then you will have no probs... mine cost me about $70 to make... but I had most parts already on hand.... it's the Power that costs :rolleyes:

Lonewolf....

I intend to make one, from the next electric walking machine, that I see thrown out.

Interested in buying a tumblr to do medium size rocks(like palm sized, bigger than a golf ball)

Any suggestions on what would be good for a novice?

Thanks

Peanut Shells do the same job Wishful.. One benefit with peanut shells is you Will need to drink Beer with your Peanuts. :D Win Win I say... :lol:

.. Or if it's right at the very end of the Polishing Stage, Pieces of Soft Leather work just as well...Wood shavings from a Planner work too...

LW....

Latest posts