Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DB. The fees are the make and break. I did notice Binance were extremely low. Coinspot are the second most expensive I have found. Then include the spread on the alt coins and it soon adds up and all backed up by bad charts.
Coinbase are high also but with very good prices to buy at, but the weekly limit of $250 to kick off with is so small. Apparently you can up your limit's by working it. Which I may contemplate down the road. But I'm sure you have figured all that out. :)

I've been using coinigy to help work out where Coinspot should be or to try and work out what it should be doing. And it seems to give me what I want. I've found the charts of coinspot do not follow the rest of the world in any way or manner and then out of the blue it'll dive or rise for an hour. :/
Hope to move onto something where I can set my limits and have decent charts.

I think it will be a while before I work on building BTC instead of $'s. Don't know enough about the other currencies. Although I might have a crack at Kodakcoin only because it's backed by a international company.

VIRUS HEADS UP:

Just to let anyone as green as me re this crypto stuff. I learned today there is a virus out there that will affect your copy and paste and it's fairly common and been around a while. After you have copied the address you wish to send money to, it will change the address to someone else's. So always double check the address at every step.
Some virus checkers will find it some won't. Apparently. Some folks have resorted to reformatting there drives to get rid of it.

The websites promising to give away free Bitcoins is a great pick up spot. So they say.

Boys.... Keep your virus and malware scans up to date!

Very important!!

Man i missed out on a few things today with the trades, just been too busy at work.

Enjoying binance! The BOLL Indicator is awesome

cairnspom said:
Wish I could! It seems to take 2 weeks to get 'verified' before I can put any money in to spend!, tried Coinspot, and BTC and still waiting!

I'm still not verified at Coinspot either, I had to sign up with Coinbase then buy Litecoin and transfer that over to Coinspot to start trading. Bought more today. You can still trade on Coinspot without being fully verifiied, you just can't trade between your bank and Coinspot with AUD until fully verified.

Coinbase has or had a very quick verification, took only about 4 hours.

I'm finally into profit territory now. I bought Walton Coin a couple of days back and made back all my losses from the first few days, it's gone up 78% in 24 hours. Hmmm, now to either hold it or sell it, that is the question. :lol: I bought some Etherium too and it's been creeping up as well. Couldn't really lose today as nearly every crypto on coinspot has gone up over 24 hours.

cairnspom said:
Wish I could! It seems to take 2 weeks to get 'verified' before I can put any money in to spend!, tried Coinspot, and BTC and still waiting!

It took 6 days for verification by Coinspot. Finished by call from lady.

Any time I have had problems with verification I have contacted support and they have come back with the cause of delay.

Have BTC said they have sent the letter out? That's supposed to take ten day's to arrive.

OldGT said:
With some market falls not a bad time to get in on some good prospects whilst sitting lower.

Standouts for me are Steem, Monero, S Lumens, and to a lesser degree, ripple, possibly tron.
Good time for boosting BTC stake for alt coin trading on the exchanges (or litecoin for that matter) whilst it's price is holding a little lower ( less dollars for more bitcoin).

I've put 5x my (existing) holdings in for SLumens, 3 for Steem and about 15% on Monero. I'll take ripple shortly if it goes another 10% south from opening today. Let's see if I'm half as clever as I think I am haha.

Creeping toward playing for free territory now. I started all this with the equivalent of less than a cpl hours overtime a week for the years worth, and current stake sits at nearly four months worth of wages in holdings.

If your considering doing this listen to advice on how to trade and that way you can decide your own trades and how, and with a bit of consideration and patience make some gains that could really help your financial situation that doesn't rely on pleasing the boss or showing up on time. You can make gains in your sleep.

If your serious just block out all the white noise from anyone telling you there's no future or its too risky or cryptos wil all go to zero. Yes it's a gamble just don't overextend and make smart decisions.

Guys here are really on the pulse of the way it works. Sure they have an interest in this area but whether you lose or win they are just trying to help, which they have no obligation to do. This thread from start to finish covers nearly all the basics. Certainly enough info to do your own research.

Good luck out there guys, I hope everyone in the game is making out. I know I'm sure happy at the moment.

Mate, I just sold my Walton Coin after it went up 125% in 24 hours, was not going to push my luck, I then bought Etherium. For my first week on cryptos I must say I'm impressed, beginers luck though I'd say. :Y: :Y:

Heatho said:
Mate, I just sold my Walton Coin after it went up 125% in 24 hours, was not going to push my luck, I then bought Etherium. For my first week on cryptos I must say I'm impressed, beginers luck though I'd say. :Y: :Y:

I'm following your progress Heatho. Playing cryptos with the long game is rough on the nerves, the whole scene changes so quickly day to day hour to hour. I'm impressed, you held and won, realising with cryptos a loss isn't a loss until you lock it in.

I go away from looking at my holdings when they are sliding and start look at buys. Staring at those numbers when they are down can make some do funny things.

ETH has been a huge win for me, I sold half and it's still a winner. In my world it doesn't matter where a $100 come from , I'm grateful for any extra, and ETC has handed me a fair few since topping over $1000 USD.

I hope your run continues mate, beats shouting from the sidelines hey?

If only we could figure out a way to beat the tax and fees......

Well said GT, 100% agree. Wondering what to buy next now, I actually bought EOS yesterday as well which has gone up 50%. Might buy more Walton if it drops down again or go for something totally different. :Y:

Mr Magoo said:
cairnspom said:

It took 6 days for verification by Coinspot. Finished by call from lady.

Any time I have had problems with verification I have contacted support and they have come back with the cause of delay.

Have BTC said they have sent the letter out? That's supposed to take ten day's to arrive.
They are all quoting 2 weeks on line, but (hopefully) that may be just to cover themselves. I have only been waiting a few days so far, so I guess I'll just have to learn patience! BTC didn't say anything about a letter so far? have to wait and see! It will maybe give me time to figure out this 'wallet' thing!

BTC didn't say anything about a letter so far? have to wait and see!

That's not the same way myself and a mate went. All the verification was almost completed in an hour or two of starting, it was then followed by an email. Might be worth contacting there support team.

Account Verification: Letter Sent
Hi Mr Magoo,

Your account is almost fully verified. We have sent a letter with a unique code in the mail to your address. Please be patient as the letter can take up to 10 business days to arrive. When you receive this letter please follow the instructions to enter the code on the site to complete your verification. This final step is to prevent the use of stolen identities.

While waiting for the letter you can read the faqs and ways to protect yourself online.

Please note we have been made aware of a scam where a company attempts to convince people to handle payments for them or use our service in relation to obtaining finance loans. These scams are illegal. If you have been approached in such a circumstance please do not verify your account and instead notify [email protected].

Sincerely,

BTC Markets Team

cairnspom said:
Heatho said:

Did the Walton coin say 'goodnight John boy' when you sold it? :D

:Y: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just for you:

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/cp7_u0kcQRo[/video]

Market depth charts.
A learning couple of days. The difference between yesterdays market depth and today is enlighting. Watching one eating the other as the price changes. Not sure I have got it but todays chart is totally different from yesterdays, where it was going slowly badly yesterday, but today things are moving in a different positive way. The buys, the sells, the walls.

Latest posts