Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DetectingSA said:
On a side note I'd like to inform people of the "binance" app it has the most comprehensive graphs so far I've seen and it covers a lot of the alt currencies

When I read this I thought it a bit vague. And later it was confirmed. Coinspot dropped $1000 in an instant but no other graph suggested this drop. Also this morning I saw variations at one point of $3500 between markets - excluding fees. That is a lot of error.

So be wary of using these alternative graphs.

If you own crypto currency, in my opinion you need to promote it and get more people wanting to get some, because hype drives investors and therefore value.

While ever the value is going up there will be more invesstors and more hype and "profit" , but to my understanding (which.. is limited ) cashing in before everybody else does is key, as with anything that gains value this quick and doesnt have a physical/tangable product as security, if everybody cashes in there will not be enough cash/collateral to cover the value.

But i have been wrong before and will be again , if i had some money to gamble i would be getting into crypto but no deeper than what i was willing to loose.

If you have zero interest in Crypto Currency, please don't comment on this page.

Lets not clog it up for the people who actually want to discuss info.

mardymoose said:
Like a few of us here on the forum we wont have enough money to retire on so a little help would be great.
If that's the case then get some real professional advice or you may end up with even less to retire with!
Playing with highly volatile "investments", that many are little more than a global ponzi scheme, isn't a good retirement plan strategy IMO. But do get some proper advice don't just take mine or anyone else's on here!

Seems a few of the cheaper coins that lost ground yesterday such as Ripple, NXT and Stellar have made a good recovery and will probably be up by the afternoon. Zcash is up nearly 20% in 24 hours and Litecoin is up 15%.

I'm just watching and getting a feel for things over the next week or so before I actually put any cash into it. It seems there were bargains to be had yesterday.

Ethereum has reached $1000+ USD signaling for me a chance to do some profit taking. I came in at 450-470 USD mark (late Nov, then again early Dec). If I took my original stake out I'd be playing for free, however I'll wait a day or two and bring only half the stake out, often when these milestone numbers come up there's a little extra to be had as the excitement builds.

Anyone got anything they like other than tron ? Thoughts on lite coin?

Those videos of Andreas Antonopolous are very informative, and for the newbees to crypto currencies like me are well worth watching. They gave me a good insight to world changing internet money. It seemed very logical and made a lot of sense.
Now I'm enthused about learning more.
After watching the videos last night I then spent the next hour or so researching what blockchain technology is, and discussing crypto currency with my son who has been researching and dabbling in it for a few months.
He made a valid point that it is well worth reading the white papers where provided by developers to understand any one currency. From this I've developed the opinion I that it is important to validate who are behind the development, the technology being used, and the point of difference that collectively will potentially drive the success or failure of a currency.
I'm hungry for knowledge and will watch this thread with great interest.
Great thread.

Signed up yesterday so just waiting to be verified.
I know plenty of people that are doing it and making a killing. But for me i will only invest what i am happy to lose, start with $500 and jump on the train :D

OldGT said:
Ethereum has reached $1000+ USD signaling for me a chance to do some profit taking. I came in at 450-470 USD mark (late Nov, then again early Dec). If I took my original stake out I'd be playing for free, however I'll wait a day or two and bring only half the stake out, often when these milestone numbers come up there's a little extra to be had as the excitement builds.

Anyone got anything they like other than tron ? Thoughts on lite coin?

Litecoin is okay but like Bitcoin it may take some time to Mature.... Just my analysis on it... :)

Good topic.

Haters gunna hate.. more so, people who don't understand the technology, process gunna hate more. Each to their own I spoke but.

What's a reasonable amount of funds needed to realistaclly jump in.?

C'mon fellas, it's not a fact of "haters gonna hate" or anything like that. Some people aren't interested in new technologies or take a while to catch on or are afraid of new tech. Let's just have a discussion and see where it leads. It's pretty much like new detectors, some people just want to bag out new tech and some just embrace it for what it is and either do well or fail. This is no different.

Keitzy said:
Good topic.

Haters gunna hate.. more so, people who don't understand the technology, process gunna hate more. Each to their own I spoke but.

That's not up to anyone here to say mate. Only put in what you can happily afford to lose. I'm going to start with 2 or 3 grand, maybe just 2 grand as I need a spare grand to by the Minelab Equinox when it's released. ;)

This really is not much different to gambling, the only difference is that if prices go up or down you will still own the same amount of coins if you decide to hold them.

OldGT said:
Anyone got anything they like other than tron ?
I like Cardano (ADA) for a low priced chance. Their philosophy looks sound & I like their willingness to find a middle ground to keep users happy while still working with regulators. I think this will be important down the track, not so much now. Like it or not I believe regulators will eventually play a bigger part in cryptos so those who work with them or are preparing for it already may have a wider overall acceptance especially within industry & be in a position to better adapt to a regulatory framework?
NEO is another I like at a higher entry point. Like Cardano I like that they are willing to work with regulators a necessary evil IMO.
Both are still very speculative though so do your own research before having a punt ;)

Keitzy said:
Good topic.

On a speculative gamble, ( Which is what Crypto,s really are ) what ever your prepared to potentially loose?
Wiz bang new technology or what ever its described as the rapid increase in value is not really justified in my opinion, after all its only a non-backed currency, its not physical, pays no yield unlike property or shares, its subject to fraud, disliked by ruling governments, which will come looking for your profits if you make any, or regulate it out of existence.

It may be the craze of the century, the only reason they are rising is due to the hype of recent gains, you need a never ending amount of fiat paper dollars feeding in to inflate the prices. :eek:

I might be wrong but i personally won,t be buying any crypto,s.

Just a reminder that this is a thread for people that are interested in crypto's, it's not a thread for justifying reasons not to like/buy crypto's. Please use the "Bitcoin insanity" thread for that.

I'd really like this thread to stay on topic, be informative and to not get bogged down with posts that detract from the original post.

Thanks

Latest posts