Hi Australia Gold Detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Not true.
Still much gold to be found in Vic with large gold coming out regularly, most of it just not in magazines or on forums.

I wouldn't concider ground hammered until you've hammerd it yourself.
The key is research, the right equipment, knowing how to use that equipment, the right attitude and time.

As for WA, the above is also true as it is for any gold field in Aust, but you don't need two 4x4's with winches, you can only drive one at a time, though I do agree with a sat phone.

You can not just find petrol money, you can fund a damn good lifestyle. You get out of it what you put into it.

Yep I know of people who prospect 3 months of the year and live of the findings for the rest of the year. This year they did well between the six of them they found just over 100 ounces. Not a bad pay day considering that's around $58000 per couple.

You know that for sure, there are plenty of diggings I seen yesterday they must of been getting something there.

Yep , gold in Kara Kara, but a lot of ground to go through, and some of it quite deep.

IE, Graham harvey's sluicing plant was in there off centre rd. they did not shut down due to lack of gold.

In a rough area not far from diggins someone i know found 9g and 2 g months apart... not far from each other.
I found a good specie on the south west end of KaraKara, 2.5g of crystal gold came out of it. and another waterworn bit 30m away.

still gold in the avoca area too.

there are more than a few locals that keep quiet on what they find.

similar situation on most other fields...

Yeah I went to Kara last Monday for the day but no luck. But area looks promising and right for gold.

Hi there Gecko. Just came back to SA from the Golden Triangle. 3 of us with different machines. ML 5000 ML 2300 dc and a whites tdi. all machines found gold 1 each for the tdi and 2300 and 2 for the 5000 biggest only .35 of a gram. our biggest problem was lack of time so we tended to keep moving rather than staying in the area where we found gold and putting in the effort. after thinking it over I am sure if we had concentrated on where the 1s nugget ppeare for he ays ould have had a strong chance of a bigger score. my opinion is take note of previous replies and where you find a piece you know for certain you are in the right area so just go har or as they say go home. cheers rando

Where did you find your pieces gold? I went to Talbot on the weekend for a day , but had no luck.

Does anyone know setting on gpx 5000 for the coiltek 14 elite. As Ive only used smaller coil, is ground the same ?
Best regards.

Latest posts