CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho

This park youre hitting isnt outside a bank , is it ? Ive never done so well in just a few hours ! Or maybe youre driving over the parking meters by mistake ! Ha ha

Good finds

Gunter

Gunter said:
Heatho

This park youre hitting isnt outside a bank , is it ? Ive never done so well in just a few hours ! Or maybe youre driving over the parking meters by mistake ! Ha ha

Good finds

Gunter

Was Queenscliff Beach just up from Manly. It's been really busy there lately. :Y:

Heatho

Im based in marrickville , and usually hit the parks around inner west , if youre ever up for a swing together ! Thats when Im not in gold country !

Lemme know if youre keen

Gunter

Hey Gunter, yeah sure mate that would be great, always keen for a detect with other members of the forum, what do you have in mind, hit a beach or a park?

Thanks Capa, was very happy with that ring, was the very last target of the session, I got it just as I was about to collapse into a sweaty heap. :D

Hey heatho

Maybe send me a pm with your mobile number !

I can message you whenever I hit one or the other !

What area are you based in ?

Ta

Gunter

@ Heatho....am in Manly on North Steyne but being a Wuss It's been too bloody hot lately to go swinging.....however with the southerly change I'm beginning to wake up...I fancy a swing at Long Reef as I hope it has less messy tourists chucking out metal litter and more locals losing intersting metal...feel free to ping me if you fancy some company...

Cheers

ODNT

No worries mate, was thinking of heading to Manly or Harboard today for a swing, Long Reef is very average to detect, I had a go there a couple of weeks back and got hardly anything. I did detect it about 5 years ago after a big storm along a 1 metre deep cut and did well but the coins were all badly corroded.

Happy to organise a detect with you, though also if you ever see a tall bloke swinging a CTX3030 and carrying a blue bucket then come over and say g'day. :) :Y:

Heatho said:
No worries mate, was thinking of heading to Manly or Harboard today for a swing, Long Reef is very average to detect, I had a go there a couple of weeks back and got hardly anything. I did detect it about 5 years ago after a big storm along a 1 metre deep cut and did well but the coins were all badly corroded.

Happy to organise a detect with you, though also if you ever see a tall bloke swinging a CTX3030 and carrying a blue bucket then come over and say g'day. :) :Y:

If you're working the North end of Manly I'll be able to see you out the balcony...

Saw a bloke at Shelly the other day with an Excalibur underwsater thingo he was snorkelling with it...interesting...

Also I have a bit of an idea...the old Artillirty barracks at N Head must have some hidden stuff such as Army badges/buttons and coins but obviously off limits to swingers. If a group of us were to approach the Trust that runs the place with a view to finding and donating artifacts for their display in the visitor centre maybe they might let a controlled group do some detecting?
What do you reckon?
If you think this idea has legs ping me a PM or xxxxxxxxxx

Cheers
ODNT
Sorry mate no priv no's on the open forum.

Hit Manly this morning around the Nth Steyne surfclub area for about 3 hours. Managed $55, 1 gold ring and 2 silver. The gold ring has a hallmark but it is very worn, I'm guessing it's 9k.

Will get back to you this arvo ODNT, just got a mate about to drop in.

1515643423_img_20180111_135002.jpg

1515643423_img_20180111_143918.jpg

1515643423_img_20180111_143929.jpg