CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the ol besser block out for a swing today, managed to get nearly $40 and a few pre dec, hit a patch of BB's and knew there would be some older coins nearby and there were. Was following the cut in the photo working along it gradually down to the water line. Some of the coins were extremely deep too as you can see from my pinpointer in the hole, a $2 coin was recovered from that hole.

Can't believe that the penny came out looking so clean, that's cetrtainly a first for me, especially being in the sand so long. There was a big swell there recently, might have been tumbled clean in the surf, anyway buggered if I know.

Have never done this beach before but it will need some more attention in the future, especially over summer.

The victory medal I found yesterday with the Nox, it's a 1919 one.

1531285301_img_20180711_112757.jpg

1531285301_img_20180711_141923.jpg

1531285302_img_20180711_141937.jpg

1531285867_20180711_120855.jpg

1531285868_img_20180711_141955.jpg

1531285868_img_20180711_142007.jpg

Yeah well done heatho.
What a great place to detect going by the 4th pic mate :Y: paradise.

Top effort :party:

That 1919 victory medal is special :cool:

I'm loving your confidence showing the place you hunted and previously name the places you hunt.

You are clearly not concerned about anyone else swinging your bessa block with your 15" coil,you are the top dog and I agree with your finds confirming so.

More great results ahead :Y:

A nice palm-full there Heath, you would have been blown away with the medal. :cool:

Nice find :party: :rainbow: :party:

The Scrounger said:
Top effort :party:

That 1919 victory medal is special :cool:

I'm loving your confidence showing the place you hunted and previously name the places you hunt.

You are clearly not concerned about anyone else swinging your bessa block with your 15" coil,you are the top dog and I agree with your finds confirming so.

More great results ahead :Y:
Arrrrrr....the joy of no minimal competition. :Y:

The Scrounger said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hahaha dam auto correct ... I ment to say....THE JOY OF MINIMAL COMPETITION :Y:

You know he lives in Sydney 8)

Minimal competition,um :8
Haha yer.
Heatho still finding big silvers and coppers in local parks and beaches.... :D :Y: Cant be much competition.
But I could be wrong... he does use a Nox :D :D :Y: ]:D

Cheers fellas, yep nice palm full Wally, just waiting for summer at the bay now. :)

The week is still young Dave, find of the week may be yet to come. :)

Not very much competition around here fellas, I am the competition..... I'm currently competing with myself looking for places that I haven't flogged or are still replenishing over the winter months. I'm not fussed about others detecting where I do, actually I welcome it and am always happy to stop for a chat with other detectorists.

I did get a bit grumpy when someone chain gridded one of my fav beaches just before I got there but I just moved on to another spot, I had intentionally left it for a while to replenish, quick and the dead hey. :lol:

Heatho said:
Cheers fellas, yep nice palm full Wally, just waiting for summer at the bay now. :)

The week is still young Dave, find of the week may be yet to come. :)

Not very much competition around here fellas, I am the competition..... I'm currently competing with myself looking for places that I haven't flogged or are still replenishing over the winter months. I'm not fussed about others detecting where I do, actually I welcome it and am always happy to stop for a chat with other detectorists.

I did get a bit grumpy when someone chain gridded one of my fav beaches just before I got there but I just moved on to another spot, I had intentionally left it for a while to replenish, quick and the dead hey. :lol:

i drove up to one of my happy places the other day to find someone sniffing around :eek: it felt like i had been violated 8.(
he ended up a very quiet spoken fella , not a bad bloke :Y:
he didn't get to many of the family :lol: :p
but ya get that in "public places" 8.( 8.( :8

I too love it when I get to a spot and someone else is there...Really makes my day :Y: :D 8.( :party: :rainbow:

Sandta said:
Regarding others ... i dont care who detects at any of my spots
AS LONG AS THEY RESPECT THE PLACE !

DITTO , i have lost too many permission and public areas to those that don't respect :brokenh: :brokenh: :mad:

Latest posts