CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are still consistantly getting good totals on the goldies, no wonder you have a container full of them only after a short amount of time. :)

Hit Manly beach for a few hours this morning, sun was shining light breeze, was quite warm too for mid winter. Scored $40 yesterday too at Avalon beach but was just goldies. 5 Rupees too this morning. :)

Ring is sterling silver.

1529642277_img_20180622_142917.jpg

1529642277_img_20180622_143007.jpg

1529642278_img_20180622_143150.jpg

Brilliant result yesterday at Avalon and a win forsure today at Manly.

That .925 ring looks like it was cut from pipe it is that thick.

5 Rupee coin = 1/10 of 1c :lol:

Top hunt :Y:

Oh farout, that was the Nox, hmmmmm the pitfalls of having multiple detecting threads. :)

I've found a lot of coins at this spot with the CTX, though always needed the 10x5 coil and my "goldie" program in this section as it's the trashiest of any site I do. The Nox is much better suited to severe trash like this and carves through it revealing the goldies with ease.

Heatho said:
Oh farout, that was the Nox, hmmmmm the pitfalls of having multiple detecting threads. :)

I've found a lot of coins at this spot with the CTX, though always needed the 10x5 coil and my "goldie" program in this section as it's the trashiest of any site I do. The Nox is much better suited to severe trash like this and carves through it revealing the goldies with ease.

Heatho - what setting do you use on your nox for the real trashy ground.

I hope you don't mind me asking.

The Scrounger said:
Heatho said:

I'm just using park1 with the recovery sped set to 7, on the 600 just make sure it's set to 3 and it should perform just as well.

Heatho said:
The Scrounger said:
Heatho said:

I'm just using park1 with the recovery sped set to 7, on the 600 just make sure it's set to 3 and it should perform just as well.

Thankyou very much I appreciate it :Y:

No worries, this one was a spot where all the weekend sport players sit under a line of fig trees, they leave all their beer caps and other trash just sitting on the ground, there are about 10 signals per swing at least, the goldies though just jump out of the audio clutter bright, solid and clear once you get your ear in. The beer caps jump around a bit and give random high tones as well as mid tones. If unsure switch to 5khz briefly and they'll give a mostly high tone, if it's a goldie it will remain stable.

I put a 5khz setup into the user button so you can quickly switch backward and forward between the 2 different programs.

Hit a local beach this morning, the weather is nice and warm today and a welcome change from how it has been.

Most coins were from this morning with the CTX, a few bucks from the other day with the Nox.The silver bits and the earing also from today. Earing is gold filled 1/20 14k.

1530763212_img_20180705_134932.jpg

1530763212_img_20180705_134945.jpg

1530763212_img_20180705_134956.jpg

Nice one mate....Good that you can hit the beaches.....cold down here for a while so I'll most likely be detecting when I can get a break in the weather here
showers a plenty.

Living in Sydney is a catch 22,plenty of people but people dropping plenty of good stuff :party:

Another A+ hunt :Y:

Latest posts