CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
ctxkid said:
i have a titanium swing shoulder and use a ctx everyday ;)

That might actually help, errr ummm well maybe. :) I let myself go by using the Nox.

Have you got the 17" coil?
lol..
no it doesn't help, it is why i don't sniff for long periods after an hour my ability to walk is starting to be compromised
on a road trip with a mate we sniffed from 22.30 to 3am , had to swing left handed the next day, i think the flozzy that came as my second or third target early in the night keep my mind off the discomfort :/

1524526943_p1120040.jpg

and no i don't have the 17in , stock 11, the areas i sniff need a 6 (don't have, just dig the ala :8 ) to help me more accurately sort the coins from the crap alloys that pretend to be

Got the CTX out for a swing this morning on Freshie Beach, sun was shining and there was hardly anyone about. Anyway a couple of hours into the session the CTX threw a bit of a wobbly and dropped it's discrimination, the patterns were still there but they made no difference whether pattern 1 or 2 was selected, all targets made a signal......

This was only in beach mode, I switched to coin mode and everything was sweet, back to beach it was buggering up again, seems it was only beach that had the problem.... Anyway I did a factory reset and everything was sweet again, interesting problem though, has anyone else ever noticed this??

Anyway still managed a few bucks and a stainless steel ring.

1526530347_img_20180517_133619.jpg

1526530348_img_20180517_133651.jpg

Goldpick said:
Pretty good haul considering we are heading into the winter months. Most of them look like reasonably recent drops. :)

I've flogged this beach so hard this summer that nearly everything there is a recent drop. :)

Hit the beach with the CTX today, needed the 17" coil to cover as much ground as possible due to the beaches being very empty recently, was a 3 hour hunt and pretty slim pickings for 3 hours, anyway was not too bad I guess.

The earing is sterling, was hoping to find the other one but they rarely come in pairs when detecting.

1528437884_img_20180608_155444.jpg

1528437884_img_20180608_155456.jpg