CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Heath, too much moderation will send the peanut gallery mad.

Nice to see the run of jewels continues. :Y:

Hit a park that I've done well at in the past, extreme trash at this site though, will definitely hit this spot more when I get my Nox as there are most likely still a lot of pre dec there that are being masked by the 10000000000 bottle tops that infest the area.

1912 penny, 1910 shilling and a few bucks.

1520912550_img_20180313_143623.jpg

1520912550_img_20180313_143641.jpg

Hit the South Steyne area of Manly beach this morning for a few hours, end of summer, not a huge amount of cash cows oops I mean people about, most tourists have left, so the hunting was pretty average. Have really flogged the local beaches this summer and feel like I've almost done myself out of a job lol. :lol:

The ring and pendant are sterling and the earing is junk.

Oh well there is always next summer to look forward to.

1521172278_img_20180316_144350.jpg

1521172278_img_20180316_144357.jpg

The Equinox fund container is looking pretty good. :Y:
1521172278_img_20180316_144500.jpg

Detectorist said:
As the lads say, ringa ding ding!

Good work mate. Will you keep the CTX still?

You bet I will, it will still be my main beach detector, it owes me nothing and has served me very well.

The Nox will be my trashy park detector, I've got a few honey holes that need some going over with the Nox to sqeeze out the last silvers and other treasures in the junk clutter. :)

:Y: :Y:

Heatho said:
Detectorist said:

You bet I will, it will still be my main beach detector, it owes me nothing and has served me very well.

The Nox will be my trashy park detector, I've got a few honey holes that need some going over with the Nox to sqeeze out the last silvers and other treasures in the junk clutter. :)

Great, will be keen to see how it goes, sounds like something I may have to get to help clean out the areas I have been over a few times.

The program (Aust Tresure pattern 2) is proving a winner thou :Y:

Detectorist said:
Heatho said:
Detectorist said:

Great, will be keen to see how it goes, sounds like something I may have to get to help clean out the areas I have been over a few times.

The program (Aust Tresure pattern 2) is proving a winner thou :Y:

Glad you're getting some good mileage out of the programs, they are worth trying even just for a few extra finds in trashy ground, they just help get rid of the audio clutter and help with listening fatigue. :Y:

Goldpick said:
Heatho, what you need is an ex-cyclone to do a bit of beach reorganisation, or maybe some winter storms to uncover some more goodies - still doing well all the same. :Y:

Sure do GP, we had a big one last year and that left silvers all over Dee Why beach, I was the first person there with a decent detector and cleaned up. Even found an 1884 shilling on Manly beach a few days after as well. Looking forward to the next big beach stripper. :D