Local Beach 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Went for a swing down at a local beach early this morning, had only started swinging when a bloke came up to me and asked if my detector could detect diamonds, I said no it only detects metals, he said thanks and wandered off back to his girlfriend they were walking around looking at the sand near the water, I guess they lost a stone from a ring. I walked around for couple of hours mainly over dry sand as I find the 705 performs best here, only found $5.30 spendies and a one pound coin, I will be back later in the year as there is a lot of hotel accommadation near by and lots of tourists. ;)

Cheers
Kev

1514857933_img_1465.jpg

1514857959_img_1466.jpg

I got asked New Year's Day on the beach if my detector finds diamonds too :lol:

Then he proceeded to tell me I should do a geology corse so I can identify rocks on the beach because according to him, the government won't remove the sand because diamonds wash up on the beach everyday

2018, the year of the crazy :D :D :lol:

Huh? What a load of BS the govt won't remove sand because Diamonds wash up. I think he may have been having a go at you.

Was he picking up the diamonds? What a fool leaving them all for me.

Now just to be clear, is this at any beach or just this specific beach where this happens according to him?

As far as I could gather, he was going on about "the white rocks" are sometimes diamond but no one knows, but they wash up everyday. and that's why I should do the geology course. So I can identify which ones are diamonds :lol:

I don't know, he was a middle aged guy and seemed quite serious about it. I just wanted to get back to detecting :lol:

Warning. Escapee from mental asylum loose on beach. On a more serious note poor fellow looks like he really needs help.

Believe it or not guys diamonds can possibly was up on beaches, a lot of diamond deposits on the East of Australia are alluvial. The bloke probably is a few sangers short though, lol.

The green triangle near Evans Head is a coastal diamond deposit. :eek:

1515016854_diamonds.jpg

I recon you got yourself a bit of Amber Kev
put it in a glass of normal water and see that it sinks. Then Stir into the glass of water 1 spoon full of salt ,.... you will find it will start to float. :Y:
edit in:- if it doesnt float..... stir in more salt. :D

Although I doubt it is diamond, it does look like it had crystal faces (if so amber is out). It is big enough to easily determine its SG to identify it (google how to) - that would also identify amber although Silver's test for that is just as good and easier (I had never thought of doing that Silver - good one).

Latest posts