From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh oh, your starting to see how easy it is, they'll be coming thick and fast now. :p I don't class the id bracelet as trash, it's an awesome find mate, and i know the silvers are woody material but i still like the old coppers too :Y: well done DSA and congrats with your first silver. :party:

Secret Squirrels said:
Oh oh, your starting to see how easy it is, they'll be coming thick and fast now. :p I don't class the id bracelet as trash, it's an awesome find mate, and i know the silvers are woody material but i still like the old coppers too :Y: well done DSA and congrats with your first silver. :party:

I hope so! She's already getting lonely!

Oh yeah it didn't occur to me that it would be a part of a bracelet, I cleaned it up abit. Not sure it's if precious metal or not, don't think so? Maybe silver if I'm lucky? It's really thin

1516536149_img_3429.jpg

Hmmm I'm not sure, I was thinking who would spend money on getting something on-precious ingraved, Linda would apparently :D

Short of buying an acid test I guess I'll never know.

On that picture it looks like spots of rust but i don't think its rust, it's still smooth

High off my first silver I went back to the same park for hunt #14 before the dark chased me out (suggestions for a good quality head torch guys? My vision is quite poor in low light so it has to be a good'n, nice and bright with a good range (I'm 6"2))

Got a few coins and my first set (half a set? :p ) of keys

1516617666_img_3442.jpg

This park is absolutely covered in 1c/2c coins and nearly no moderns

Also, I've noticed my Garrett carrot seems to be playing up a little bit, it will help me locate my target but then it will signal other targets in the hole, I'll then swing over the spot with my 'tecta and it can't pick up anything? It's only started do it today, I've not tried carrying on digging for the phantom target that may or may not exist. Also when I touch the sides of the pointer around the edge of the hole it nearly signals in every direction in most cases, and also it will signal if "submerged" in dirt? Is this normal? Have I got it set wrong? Or is she playing up and wanting to be sent back to Garrett

Cheers!

try dropping the gain on the pointer my propointer does it sometimes
DetectingSA said:
High off my first silver I went back to the same park for hunt #14 before the dark chased me out (suggestions for a good quality head torch guys? My vision is quite poor in low light so it has to be a good'n, nice and bright with a good range (I'm 6"2))

Got a few coins and my first set (half a set? :p ) of keys

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1516617666_img_3442.jpg

This park is absolutely covered in 1c/2c coins and nearly no moderns

Also, I've noticed my Garrett carrot seems to be playing up a little bit, it will help me locate my target but then it will signal other targets in the hole, I'll then swing over the spot with my 'tecta and it can't pick up anything? It's only started do it today, I've not tried carrying on digging for the phantom target that may or may not exist. Also when I touch the sides of the pointer around the edge of the hole it nearly signals in every direction in most cases, and also it will signal if "submerged" in dirt? Is this normal? Have I got it set wrong? Or is she playing up and wanting to be sent back to Garrett

Cheers!

I got out there for an hour before work this morning for hunt #15, back at the same park determined to snag any silver still hiding there.

And I'm glad I did, few coppers and my first sixpence x2! Right next to each other!

1516651636_img_3450.jpg

Little bit of lemon juice on a toothbrush worked an absolute treat:

1516651681_img_3449.jpg

3 silvers in 3 days I am absolutely cheering, hopefully this continues :D

I'm loving it, I don't even care I have to now go to work :lol: :D

Coming up with my first 3 silvers in as many hunts must have recharged me, not only did I go out for a hunt this morning before work, I've just come back from hunt #16 after work :p

I was only able to add 4 coppers to my ever growing pile this hunt:

1516699729_img_3460.jpg

No silvers this time, but I'll be back :D

I think you guys need to stage and intervention or maybe send me to detecting rehab because I'm addicted :D

Cheers all, and happy Australia Day for Friday, may your beers be cold and your bbqs hot :Y:

Once the bug bites, there's no stopping it, short of the next hunt :D
Has your park got red soil? That will send your pinpointer bonkers every time.

ktmman said:

Nah no red soil, strange. I need to give her a good clean, make sure the battery is seated nicely and read the instruction manual and try to nut this one out. I'd hate to have to send it back and wait for a new one as I got it online (from an authorized dealer) and not in store :rolleyes:

Cheers!

thats why i buy my detecting gear in store no posting back n maybe losing it I can get everything done with bloke behind the counter
DetectingSA said:
ktmman said:

Nah no red soil, strange. I need to give her a good clean, make sure the battery is seated nicely and read the instruction manual and try to nut this one out. I'd hate to have to send it back and wait for a new one as I got it online (from an authorized dealer) and not in store :rolleyes:

Cheers!

flyrodder said:
thats why i buy my detecting gear in store no posting back n maybe losing it I can get everything done with bloke behind the counter
DetectingSA said:
ktmman said:

Cheers!

Yeah abit of an oversight on my behalf, owell you live and you learn

Latest posts