From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DetectingSA said:
Been abit busy this week with rescuing a new kitty from rspca and trying to get resident kitty to stop being a territorial bully :lol:

Going to ty to get out again some time this weekend :Y:
Have been enjoying your posts DSA, you are obviously having a ball out there and yep sometimes work just gets in the way. Keep at it, I'm having very little success, but still out having a go too. Keep the posts coming :Y:

Well I was going to go out this morning around 6 for an early hunt,

But I was woken up by a loud bang, I grabbed the baseball bat and went to the kitchen were I heard the side sliding door smash. I ran to it and chased some a$$hole out.

1518200771_img_3621.jpg

They smashed it in with a brick, what was their game plan? It was so loud. They ran off and a car squealed away, so someone was waiting in a car. What if I was on night shift and my fiance was home alone, damn scumbags. They're lucky I didn't catch them

Waiting on the police now to come do crime scene photos and look for finger prints, and for a glazier to fix the door

1518218547_img_3624.jpg

What an absolute sub human scumbag, who does this to people.

I'm glad I didn't get him because I'd have likely killed them with the bat out of sheer adrenaline

He reached through the hole and unlocked the slider, so hopefully police can get prints and lock him up

pricks,need some sec cams up.

i know what ya mean probably better you didn't come face to face.

that's a pretty high fence to scale? maybe more prints?

We came face to face but he ran off as soon as he saw me, slim build, around 5"10 aboriginal or African in appearance. he came through the side gate which is now locked. That gates been unlocked for the 2 years we lived here, maybe abit nieve on our part. But you don't expect something like this would happen

well,you know what i mean,that you didn't catch up with them and say hello a couple times.

least you where home to stop it.

lived in unit blocks for a couple of months,drove me nuts going to work,some of the people living there where pricks.

Make sure no one follows you home when you go detecting too. They may not follow you all the way.... I always lose anyone from the hunt area before I head homewards..
Bugga might have the audacity to try again yet too.... if he thinks you've let your guard down since his last escapade.... makes ya want one button security that can stop them fleeing 8)

Oh poo.

Get laminated glass put into all outside doors and windows, not safety glass like you have had broken.
They can break the glass but cant get a hand in and its better for you to if you accidentally break the glass, no glass bits spread everywhere,
but now you will be finding it for years in odd places.

The builder chose safety glass because it is so much cheaper than laminated but fits 'Standards'.

Some security cameras up around the outside and in at entry's, facing the doorway, and security lighting, signs for security installed even if you dont have it
and signs for 'dog enter at your own risk' on the outside fence.
Stereo or TV playing also worries them - sounds like someone is home.
Alarm system too if you need it, people forget you have an SOS facility with them, press a button, alarm noise and '000' call, usually they piss off quick if it's
just a home tossing and not a personal attack.
There are wireless alarm types if you are renting.

Aldi have a special on 8 camera video system next week - https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-14-february/

I have their 4 camera system it is the same and is easy to install and connect up, worked perfectly 1st time, not top end but at $299 it is not bad at all

In SA you can defend yourself if 'you are in fear for your life or protecting someone elses'.
In the dark you may have thought you saw a weapon.

This stuff leaves you feeling 'invaded' and angry. :(

Sorry it happened to you and as you said, better you were home than just your missus.

Best of dude.

silver said:
Make sure no one follows you home when you go detecting too. They may not follow you all the way.... I always lose anyone from the hunt area before I head homewards..
Bugga might have the audacity to try again yet too.... if he thinks you've let your guard down since his last escapade.... makes ya want one button security that can stop them fleeing 8)
Yeah agreeing with Silver you might of been followed home from a detect session . I wonder if anyone on the forum has had any experiences being followed from detecting?

That's not good DSA, my advice visit your local Dog Shelter and get yourself a mid to large dog, we have a American Staffy Bull Mastiff cross, we got him from K9 he is a placid natured dog but god help anyone that jumps our fence or walks into our house unannouced, anyway just my thoughts and I hope all is well in your household.

Cheers
Kev

Not quite the same story as yours; but it did involve being followed home and a smashed glass panel was the catalyst for the event rather than the end result. It happened about 27 years ago on one of those cold winter nights with a bit of rain falling and the wind blowing the trees around to the point that it makes you feel uncomfortable. The sort of night you tell yourself to stay at home and rug up in safety.

I was young then and not unknown to youthful misadventures, so common sense was cast aside and I headed to the big smoke for a celebration with a few friends.

As it happens, I drove past the scene of the crime last night, reviving the vivid recollection of thos events that are now permanent etched into my mind.

An introduction by a friend started a train of events that lead to the discovery of a rare gem followed by a healthy dose of celebratory alcohol, confrontation on the dance floor and the shattering of a glass panel.

Thankfull I escaped the scene unscathed with the diamond in the rough tucked firmly in my hands. I had no idea that she would follow me home, and for that matter, around ever since. I even managed to wear down a few sharp edges and time has applied a nice polish to this chance find, enough to propose marriage and raise two fine boys.

Chance and fate - funny how they can conspire to achieve both good and evil. The key is to let the good events occupy the mind.

Sorry for you encounter DSA, let us hope you scared the bad out of them.

Yesterday I informed our neighbors and directly across of what had happened to make sure they make everything secure as they're mostly elderly people around us. directly across the road Ron has security cameras and one is pointed directly at our house as we live on a corner and previously someone has dumped a car there and torched it.

So he went through the footage and we see at 1:07 a person enters through our side gate, but they don't smash the window until 1:44, so they were out the back of our house for around 30 minutes trying to force open windows or something I guess? It seems along time?

We caught them on camera but it won't be enough detail to identify the person, and the police were unable to find finger prints (I'm pretty annoyed at the police to be honest, they make us feel like we are a burden than wanting to help us)

So they scumbag will have gotten away with it this time, I pray for their sake they don't come back because I'm prepared now and will react with overwhelming violence

Got out this arvo for hunt #22, back down to the park I've dubed "half-penny park" and didn't find a half penny :lol:

This is everything I did find, this particular park is very junky. Got a few 2s and 1s, a penny, button, maybe a buckle or a d ring, a Canadian 1c and a bullet shell... the absolute last thing I expected to find in a park

1518340439_img_3629.jpg

1518340464_img_3630.jpg

Feels like a while since my last silver 8.(

Hey Detecting SA

Sorry to hear about the breakin. Yes cops can be rather uninterested at times. Just hope they /he/she does not come back for seconds. Most probably addicts looking for something to flog for their next hit.

Latest posts