Won a prospecting trip in SE Queensland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going on a three day trip, two and a half hours from Bundy, staying in a one hundred year old cabin.
The cabin is in the middle of an old township.
Me and my mate "Pat" won the trip on ebay (got a second chance offer actually). We will be coin and relic hunting, nugget detecting and panning.
I will let everyone know how we went when I come back on Thursday next week. Just for laughs I'll try to find a nugget with my daughters Go-find 40 (it goes an inch deeper than Pats ace250 on two dollar coins).

Daggy

Thought I'd let you all know how the trip went (not well).

Got there about 12pm Monday, bit of a sore throat (thanks to the kids), had the guided tour. The area was awesome with old workings, tunnels and beautiful creeks as well as being in the middle of the original township. Cooked dinner for everyone and had a few brews and went to bed.

Woke up Tuesday feeling like crap, could hardly swallow any food and was getting a bit dizzy. Went for a swing but could only manage about an hour before I had diarrhea and had to sit in the shade for a while. Had about half a dozen test pans but only found a couple of specks before calling it quits for the day.

Wednesday morning, got up had four doses of explosive diarrhea, spewed and had completely lost my voice. Spent the rest of the day drifting in and out of sleep with the host wanting to take me to the local GP and me saying "nah she'll be right it's just a cold"

Thursday morning I said to Pat lets go home.

I'm only starting to get better now and am spewing that my first holiday in twenty years ended up like that, buutttt shit happens.

Pat wasted his time there as he was offered the use of an SDC2300 and an F75 but refused to let go of the ace 250 ( a bit embarrassing as the ace couldn't hit a .5 gram nugget at an inch) He spent a full day detecting an isolated creek and found some nails!

I ended up buying some nuggets off the host, I only wanted fifty bucks worth and he gave me almost 2 grams of sub gram nuggets that he found a few hundred meters from the cabin ( I think he felt sorry for me).

I will be back when I feel alright and hopefully give you all a good story.

Thanks
Daggy

Bugger about the trip. :(
Had seen that on eBay & wondered how legit it was but it sounds ok apart from your illness woes.
Your mate should have grabbed the SDC with both hands if there was sub gram gold anywhere about!

S H I T ,.... spewin alright what a bugga , get some electrolytes back into ya (sports drink'll do it).
That can happen to ya from eating bought food while travelling (dirty hands in the kitchen) ,.... that's a reason I'll only buy deep fried food when on the road (no possibility of surviving contaminants).
Feeling for ya mate ! :D
edit in :- I learnt my lessons when younger from a dirty little servo in I won't say where ,.... every time I got a burger there I ended up with the shits ,.... so once I'd worked it out for myself from repeated episodes I changed to deep fried from there, n never had another problem after eating their food.
Now it's just common practice to eat like that when on the road for me ,.... I hated that feeling of clenching and thinking Oh no..... where can I go ! :eek:

Thanks for the sympathy fellas but I sort of knew it might happen.

It started with the little bloke and went through the rest of the family first. I was bragging to the missus about how I wasn't going to get it as my immunity system is soooo good! She's always on to me about how I need to take care of myself and cut back on the drinking and take my diabetes seriously but nah "you all got crook and I didn't"

Not laughing now!!!

Was just a flu Silver, I can eat roadkill and survive (big juicy oysters off the rocks at the marina at Nelsons bay, not so ).
Apparently there was over one hundred locals hospitalized recently in Bundy from the same flu.

Part of the trip was to meet the farmers who owned the land and be able to go back again and rent the cabin. We did that and have their details so I will go back at a later date.

Have a good new years everyone and take care.
Daggy

Sorry to hear bout your troubles. Glad to hear you are on the mend though. Next time you will probably find lots.

Latest posts