South Aussie newbie detectorist

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ahoy forum,

I'm a 28 year old novice detectorist from adelaide, I thought I would just introduce myself and my plans for my time on this forum.

I have only ever used my friends garret a few times and found nothing other than junk but had a great time and it's convinced me to get my own and get out there!

I've noticed there is a forum sections for member finds, I plan on making my own "from zero to hero" thread, in which I will clearly outline my goals for metal detecting. I will really be starting out from zero, as in no real experience detecting. weather or not I make it to hero is another story all together :p

I just ordered my own Garrett 400i and AT pro pointer which should arrive next Tuesday, then the journey can begin!

These are my current goals:

1513206496_img_3179.jpg

Glad to see you are keen and hope you achieve your goals , plenty of good info on here to help you .

Best of luck

Great avatar btw :Y:

Cheers mate,

I'm under no illusion that I'll tick of that list quickly, but it's nice to have some goals!

I'm in it mainly for the coins and militaria, I collect both, all purchased though.
Would be nice to find a few pieces, ads a personal element to the pieces I think

Hi detectingsa. Tassie Daz here. don't let the name fool ya. Im from Kadina sa. Been detecting for a few years now and I venture over to Vict every year for the annual gold fix. I have an AT Pro, ATX and a minelab 4500. Bought the 4500 last year when I thought the atx had died but since then have had the atx checked by Garrett in Sydney and now its all ok. Just wish I had two hands able to swing both machines. Anyway great youre on board. There are lots of us around SA. Wishful pete at Maitland Ive met but I guess theres many more.

This forum is a minefield of fantastic info. Anything you want to know someone on here will help you. There are all brilliant, Good luck with your list.

Great idea, I'd really love to dig up a victory medal from either war.

I Have a work mates who's family member owns land that apparently used to an old Interment camp which to my knowledge hasn't been detected, he's working on getting me permissions when I get up and running.

I know they had tokens in the camps which would be a really cool find

Latest posts