Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been privileged to have been alive to witness the start of the space race with Uri Gregaran in 1961 till these amazing adventures.
I hope to witness many more - particularly man on Mars!
The Jules Verne days and movies were mind-opening.
Today, it seems to be going at a crazy pace.
I can only wonder what my kids will experience!
They'll probably be thinking: "Dad, you should have been around to see this!"

Oh so true BW... I remember as a kid watching Man walk on the Moon... Dad took the day off work and I stayed home from school... I do hope that with the pace things are moving, all goes well... Lots of things in Jules Verne days and even Star wars are not Myths anymore... It certainly is an exciting time...

Not too long now for first real test flight of Starhopper, clearing has started to get it out and on the road to the test pad... I saw a few pics last night of it complete but cant remember where it was.... :rolleyes:
1568890188_eepue3xucaetd0u.jpg

But some are not happy with the associated 'risks'...
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/26/elon-musks-spacex-smash-lot-peoples-windows-10631532/

But Elon has a plan... Buy the whole village of Boca Chica... :cool:
https://rocketrundown.com/spacex-ho...ica-village-affected-by-starship-development/

LW....

The Japanese have scheduled Monday for a Launch... Hopefully things go well for them..... I will post up a link when it gets closer...

LW...

Orby has WINGS.

Musk will be doing a presentation on the 28th September. Giving updates on the progress of the Starship. He has stated that Mk1 at Boca Chica will be complete by then. There has been a LOT of activity with truck loads of supplies arriving and installed inside the rocket. The bottom wings have been fitted over the last couple of days. This back yard built rocket will fly in a few weeks. Amazing stuff.

1569190346_sswings1.jpg

1569190346_sswings2.jpg

So basically its something like the sling-shot method ?

That's a cool pic there RJ... :perfect:

Thanks for posting the Live views too... Its now on my Desktop and I can view it anytime now... ;)

LW....

LoneWolf said:
So basically its something like the sling-shot method ?

That's a cool pic there RJ... :perfect:

Thanks for posting the Live views too... Its now on my Desktop and I can view it anytime now... ;)

LW....

The thing with horizontal velocity is that it is much more fuel efficient to do it above the Karmin line. Gravity may be almost the same as at ground level but friction/drag is significantly reduced at those altitudes. It would take MASSIVE amounts of fuel to be orbital while still in Earth's atmosphere.

Rockets need some electrical power so batteries are installed. Orby has battery packs from a Tesla car, may as well use your own products I guess. Circled in the first pic. They are being attached to a header tank to be installed in the nose cone. Not the position for the final starship but Musk said it's to balance the weight of the 3 raptors at the base. The header tanks will hold fuel just for landings. Better than having a small amount of fuel sloshing around in the main tanks. These header tanks will be inside the main tanks in the final version.

Man this thing is going to be huge when they stack the 3 parts together. Happening Wednesday or Thursday. That is the top of the nose section poking above the tent.

1569294849_71518315_1380467205439133_7953417208917393408_o.jpg

1569294849_71185668_1380489885436865_6099416767971459072_o.jpg

The Spacex team at Boca Chica Texas have worked through the night to install the 2 canards on the nose section. Now it seems we are close to seeing the nose
section lifting onto the base of the mk 1 starship prototype. Local time is 7.25 am ish and the large Liebherr crane, "BERRY" is extending it's boom. This seems to indicate the the forward section will be lifted onto the base section of the Mk 1 starship in the next few hours.

1569587225_berry1.jpg

WOW. The speed of development by Spacex is amazing. They will build mk 3 and 4 starting very soon. One each at Boca and Florida. Then they will start building a couple of the boosters. The reason for nor building boosters earlier is they are not currently building the Raptor engines fast enough. The booster will need about 37.
I will post more info as I find it. For now here is a short video on re entry and landing.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/vRPrLvVaQq8[/video]

Latest posts