Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is perhaps just a few weeks (maybe days) away from attempting to place the country in the history books, hopefully setting India up to become the fourth nation on Earth after the Soviet Union, United States, and China to successfully soft-land on the Moon.

Known as Chandrayaan-2, the mission seeks to simultaneously launch a lunar orbiter, lander, and rover, altogether weighing nearly 3900 kg (8600 lb) at liftoff. If successful, the trio of spacecraft will remain integrated for about two months as the orbiter slowly raises its Earth orbit to eventually intercept and begin orbiting the Moon. Although originally expected to launch on Sunday, July 14th (July 15th local time), a bug with the Indian-built launch vehicles upper stage has pushed Chandrayaan-2 outside its original launch window, which ended today (July 16th). Depending on the complexity of the mission profile ISRO is using, the delay should be no more than a few days to a few weeks before the next launch window opens.

Editors note: Following ISROs July 15th scrub, the Chandrayaan-2 Moon lander mission has been rescheduled for launch no earlier than (NET) 2:43 pm local time, July 22nd (2:13 am PDT/9:13 UTC, July 23rd).

1563542319_chandrayaan-2-gslv-mk-iii-isro-071419-2-crop-c.jpg

1563542319_chandrayaan-2-pragyan-rover-vikram-lander-isro-render-2.jpg

The Indians are doing cool things at the moment... Cant wait for their next launch to the Moon with their Rover...

Another perfect launch by the Russians this morning too. MS-60... After a very quick flight of 6hrs 20min, they have docked at the ISS.... :perfect:

LW....

Hard to believe this Staino steel R2D2, teapot made buy a steel tank company, fitted with the most advanced, experimental, Raptor rocket engine will actually fly. The engine is only the 6th they have built. The hopper has "static fired" several times while tethered to the ground. Today's test is the first un tethered flight. Only 20 metres with some sideways movement to prove control systems.

Today's attempt could happen any time in the next hour or 2.
Everyday Astronaut is live NOW.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/aChE86D0c_A[/video]

1564097840_starhopper1.jpg

The Hopper hopped today. I missed it as I was in bed after 7 days/nights of shift work. I will post video when I find some of good quality. The Falcon 9 launched and landed and again, when I find a short, highlight video of good quality I will post it. Just another day in the office for spacex.

Nice vids there RJ.... SpaceX has mastered the landings... The quality of video is getting better and better with every launch...

LW...