Miller Water Table DIY thoughts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because I am very mechanical minded and a tinkerer I have intrest inn building my own Miller Water Table and have been studing up on them. Most seem to use a rubber mat like a hobby cutting mat for the wash bed but I can't seem to find where I can get one about A3 in size with no grid markings. I have a thought of using opaque green perspex but thinking it may be too smooth so wondering of putting a layer or two of latex on it. My idea is that by doing so it may just give enough surface tension to help catch any small gold. I will try it and see how it works. Anyone have any ideas or comments. I would love to hear them.
Good prospecting to everybody out there.

I have made one a few years back and found the hobby mat or dress makers green mat from spotlight work very good when you rub your hand over it has a resistance feel to it which works well and you can buy them in all sizes

Because I am very mechanical minded and a tinkerer I have interest inn building my own Miller Water Table and have been studying up on them. Most seem to use a rubber mat like a hobby cutting mat for the wash bed but I can't seem to find where I can get one about A3 in size with no grid markings.

Use the Reverse Side of an A3 Mat - It is blank - No grid - Spotlight has them in green, Kmart has them in Black

regards Ned

Latest posts