Newbie to this forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am in Scotland UK and search for old coins and artefacts. Have been at it since the late 1970's. Used a lot of different detectors over the years but for the last five years have been using the Minelab GPX5000, Nexus MP and Nautilus DMC-IIB. The are all deep seekers.

I suppose most of you in Australia get out to hunt for gold at some time or other. Something that I would dearly love to have a go at but I cant see it ever happening unless I come up on the lottery........

Anyway I am just interested to find out how things are done in Australia and which detectors are popular etc.. :Y:

hi and welcome mate
i am sure you will get all the help as everyone starts to come on line
1511300699_35.jpg

From what I remember filternozzle, there was a bloke in Scotland that you can find on youtube & fbook - 'goldgrabbers' who may be of use to you locally

Most the big name brands are used here in Aus, due to being able to handle the strong ground mineralizations. Gpz, 5000, 4500,4000, sdc2300, TDi etc :)

A big aussie welcome mate. COOOOOOOEEEEE. Hope you win the lottery so you can join us all here in Oz.

Welcome aboard fn scottie ! ]:D
fn look around the forum a bit, you'll soon see what goes on over here. :D
fn gold everywhere ya look mon ! :lol:

Latest posts