SteelPhase SP01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take up to 4 hrs to charge. The battery never goes completely flat if left on as the regulator circuit turns off when battery drops to a certain level.
Leave it on overnight and if its not charged (blue light) in the morning, let me know and we'll get it sorted for you.

regards
Pat

I been using the SP01 for about a year now and it has been great overall I must say.
Recently my headphones have been working intermittently and I thought this would be an easy process to hook up the SPO1 to WM unit on my GPZ7000 to listen through speaker.
Have tried every way imaginable but I am getting nothing. How the hell do you set it up properly, anyone?
I read through so many posts on it and am actually spending way too long to work out something that seems pretty simple?
Where am I going wrong haha?!
I notice on diagram there is pictures of the plug that have rings in different places, I only have mono plug is it something to do with this?
If anyone could explain how they set up their GPZ step by step it would be hugely appreciated!!

Salutations said:
I been using the SP01 for about a year now and it has been great overall I must say.
Recently my headphones have been working intermittently and I thought this would be an easy process to hook up the SPO1 to WM unit on my GPZ7000 to listen through speaker.
Have tried every way imaginable but I am getting nothing. How the hell do you set it up properly, anyone?
I read through so many posts on it and am actually spending way too long to work out something that seems pretty simple?
Where am I going wrong haha?!
I notice on diagram there is pictures of the plug that have rings in different places, I only have mono plug is it something to do with this?
If anyone could explain how they set up their GPZ step by step it would be hugely appreciated!!

Hi

Due to design of the GPZ and WM12 module, it is not possible to have the sP01 connected to the WM12 and have sound come out of the WM 12 module. You would need to connect external speakers into the sP01

regards
Pat

Ah cheers for that information Steelphase! I can stop trying to get the darn thing working that way now! Are there any particular external speaker setup you would suggest for best result using GPZ.... Should I be looking for stereo or mono setup?

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced a problem with the charging light? I took a trip to Kingower yesterday, and the afternoon before I put the sP01 on charge prior to packing the car. It usually only takes an hour or two at most before the little LED turns from red to blue.

By the time I went to bed though the LED was still red. So, I turned it off at the wall, waited a few seconds and then turned it back on to charge it again, and thought I'd just leave it on over night and pack it in the morning. When I got up to go in the morning though the little LED was still red.

I took it with me anyway, thinking that maybe it was just the LED or something other than the battery, and it seems that this may be the case, because I used it all day as normal and it held its charge just fine.

I try to never run the unit completely flat, so within a day or two of coming back from a day trip I do the same as with the GPX battery- plug it in and fully charge it prior to packing it away until my next trip in a couple of weeks or so, when I will then give everything a top-up charge the night before I go away again.

Any thoughts?

-D.S.

Did you leave it on after you use it ? I did after thinking it was buggerd called Pat and said to send it back . But I put on charge for the day and it came good! That was about a year ago.

Yep, will do that thanks DD. It may well still be under warranty (I'll have to dig out the receipt), but I figured that as it was still working fine there may be some easy fix/reset or something that could save Pats time and me being without the unit on my next outing while it gets fixed.

Leafs said:
Did you leave it on after you use it ? I did after thinking it was buggerd called Pat and said to send it back . But I put on charge for the day and it came good! That was about a year ago.

Looks like you posted while I was writing DD's reply!

Thanks Leafs. Good idea, I'll put it back on charge today after yesterdays trip and see if anything has changed prior to contacting Pat. If it works fine as it did yesterday and it's just an occasional LED problem then I can live with it. Thanks for the suggestion :Y:

DS...have had a similar problem and even the light not coming on at all. It was the charging lead not making decent contact not the SP01 itself.

Had a very similar issue a few weeks back, plug it in to charge and the red light would stay on for a few seconds before turning off, tried different usb leads and same thing, contacted Pat to see if there was something I could check and he said to send it back, a week later it arrived home and all good :Y:

Well, after all that kerfuffle it's ok again??? :/

I couldn't find another lead with the same plug on the end, but MT's suggestion made me realize that before the trip for the first time ever, I had actually used a different AC to USB adaptor. So I used the usual one this time and the LED eventually went blue indicating full charge :D

Haven't a clue what that was all about then, seeing as it fully charged before I went detecting but just didn't turn blue?

Thanks for your input everyone.

Forgot to say, the light came on blue had to wait hours. but works like new. I think I think I had drained it to zero! Good luck

It may be that the switch got knocked to On position when not in use. This will still drain the battery.

Latest posts