SteelPhase SP01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all just brought a new SP01 and recived it yesterday thanx for the quick turn around on orders guys now to make some time to go give it a try ? take it easy guys and happy hunting

who makes them and are they designed for minelabs also can someone point me in the right direction in looking at them? it might be handy for my step father who is hard of hearing.

Bought it ages ago but as usual, too lazy to swap it over. Yestie the batteries died in my old booster so I popped the SP01 on. Probably not really lazy, just I was having a good run with what I was doing so just didnt change for fear of creating a glitch in the matrix.

GEEZ! Wish I had done it when I first got it!

This is the first booster Ive owned out of probably 15 or so that hasnt had that annoying back ground hum that drives me nuts...that back ground hum that you still hear at night when your head hits the pillow and youre dreaming of the big chunk youll surely dig the next day.

The clarity is what Ive been wanting forever. Ive only tried it on my 7000 with duel speakers at this stage and yet to try it with headphones but Ive no doubt it will behave just as well on the 5000 and SDC.

:Y: :Y: :Y:

Cheers mate, good to know though I dont use a phone so it wont be a problem but may help others who do

madtuna said:
Bought it ages ago but as usual, too lazy to swap it over. Yestie the batteries died in my old booster so I popped the SP01 on. Probably not really lazy, just I was having a good run with what I was doing so just didnt change for fear of creating a glitch in the matrix.

GEEZ! Wish I had done it when I first got it!

This is the first booster Ive owned out of probably 15 or so that hasnt had that annoying back ground hum that drives me nuts...that back ground hum that you still hear at night when your head hits the pillow and youre dreaming of the big chunk youll surely dig the next day.

The clarity is what Ive been wanting forever. Ive only tried it on my 7000 with duel speakers at this stage and yet to try it with headphones but Ive no doubt it will behave just as well on the 5000 and SDC.

:Y: :Y: :Y:

Glad you like it. It was designed primarily with headphones in mind so I think you will be pleased with the results.

regards Pat

I will defiantly getting one of these befor my next trip west (not for several months unfortunately)
Looks like the mode 1 and 2 are for mono and stero setups?
But what are the the 3 filter options? Are they different tone set ups, for example i like a low tone response so used to run my 4500 audio tone at mid 30's but someone who likes a high tone would be in the 60's.
Note I will be using with the 7k but have not had a chance to even turn my machine on yet 8.(
How long is the lead from wm12 to sp01, can they both be set up in your top pocket.
Guess i should just buy one and then have a play with setting it up but if the 3 filters could be explained that would be appreciated :Y:

LORD said:
I will defiantly getting one of these befor my next trip west (not for several months unfortunately)
Looks like the mode 1 and 2 are for mono and stero setups?
But what are the the 3 filter options? Are they different tone set ups, for example i like a low tone response so used to run my 4500 audio tone at mid 30's but someone who likes a high tone would be in the 60's.
Note I will be using with the 7k but have not had a chance to even turn my machine on yet 8.(
How long is the lead from wm12 to sp01, can they both be set up in your top pocket.
Guess i should just buy one and then have a play with setting it up but if the 3 filters could be explained that would be appreciated :Y:

Ok so the whole idea of the sP01 is that it enhances target signals.

Now as people run their machines at different threshold tones, you need to be able to change the range of signals the enhancer lifts (puts a bit of an edge on). If you enhanced everything it would just be a straight booster. The idea of the 3 different 'filters' is that you can change the range depending on the threshold tone you use.
I used the term 'filter' on the unit rather loosely as there was no real simple way to label what the switch did.

Now there is another side benefit that some have found useful, in that if you dont use the optimum filter for your threshold frequency (tone), you can tame noisier ground - similar to audio smoothing in the 7000 and stabilizer on the GPX series. It will slightly decrease efficiency of very faint, deep targets but will still be a lot better than not using the enhancer at all.

The standard lead length is about 1000mm but I can supply different lengths if requested.

Best thing you can do is just play with the settings. Like with any detector setup, there is no one correct lot of settings.

Hope this is a little help.
regards Pat

Thanks for the explanation Pat :Y:
Just placed an order with Nenad and look forward to playing around with it and finding some of the gold stuff.

Ordered and on Back Order :-(

Get a txt to say the latest batch has arrived and did I want fries with that.... Added a item or two....

Got a Txt with updated pricing Thursday mid morning.. Bank Transfer done

Bugger me, not rained this hard since I was a kid dragging me boots to school - LOL Actually no rain at all; but bugger me Au post at about 8am deliver a package....

Never managed an Over Night from SA even with Plat Postage or Express Courier ?????

Now all I need is some time and a place to play... This weekend is out as the ye old scope has an appointment with me and the weekend will be spent preparing and spending time on that special seat in the bathroom...

PS. They took 48 odd staples from my wife's scalp yesterday and she is also now doing better...

Just got my SP01 in the mail yesterday from Rob's Detectors in Az USA, his mailing service is the fastest I have enountered. Hooked up the SP01 this morning to my gpx4500 to test, works great, now I gotta wait a month or more til it cools off, we are having 105 f, temps week after week, no way I am headed to the desert in this heat. Maybe Sept. Looking forward to hearing about others success with the SP01.

stoked :D I received my sP01+twin speaker kit from Nenad @PhaseTechnical today :Y:
very nice looking bit of kit.
just gotta play toy soldiers with it for a couple of weeks till I head out to the Kalhooligans City ... (aka Kalgoorlie Boulder)
1534765816_steelphase_sp01.jpg

Had a play with my new sP01 today. Accolades to PhaseTech & SteelPat, you guys nailed it.
As im going to Kalgoorlie very soon I thought best I familiarise myself with it so I have a starting point.
Given my aging & gunfire damaged hearing, this unit is exactly what I need. Works a dream.
NB. no gold (or next to no gold) where I am, but I decided to skip the '705 & take the GPX on a treasure hunt to my favourite trash filled test area for a trial with the sP01. :present: (never know what may turn up) For me at least, this thing turns my old GPX into a singing mermaid .... Im in love :heart: :)

I have had the spo1 for about a year now. But I forgot to turn it off after the last time I used it. Can someone tell me how long it takes to charge from dead flat as it's been charging for a few hours now and still no blue light. Or have I stuffed it by leaving it on?

David Josh said:
I have had the spo1 for about a year now. But I forgot to turn it off after the last time I used it. Can someone tell me how long it takes to charge from dead flat as it's been charging for a few hours now and still no blue light. Or have I stuffed it by leaving it on?

I think it takes like 4 hours to charge, I wouldn't panic just yet and if it's toast just email steelpat