Charters Towers nugget 1.1763kg

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught this on Facebook, says it was 6" down and only the magnificent performance of the GPX 5000 made the find possible, also said the signal was solid but not too loud. I don't know of any detector that wouldn't find a 1kg nugget at 6" and I would expect a GPX to be singing its head off, I know my TDI PRO Oz and Zed would both be screaming.

I doubt that one came from the Youngs-block designated fossicking area. One would think there's no stone left unturned...

A good story that could be used to put more pressure on our local politicians to open up more ground here in Qld to attract you guys from down south in winter.

There was a strong campaign just starting to gain momentum up here when the local senator ,Matt Canavon got called out for being Italian and now we have an election that would be hugely comical if it wasn't so damn serious.

There is good gold around in Queensland we are just not allowed on there to find it. Legally anyway........ 8.(

I hope Charters Towers is packed this winter.

Clegy

Not photoshopped is it.
here's the enhanced courier image for research porpoises . :eek:
kinda looks like a big smaalll nugget hey ! :/
1510882785_screenshot_2017-11-17-11-36-30.jpg

The last time I was up around Charlies Trousers the word was that there was plenty of gold still there but it was all on private property, whether true or just the grass is always greener syndrome I don't know.

Latest posts